Social Should we bring Zeppelins back

Do people know there was a guy named John Paul Jones in the band and he’s still alive.

Yes. Superior to planes in every way. Except profit which is the only thing degenerate capitalists care about. Ordinary people having rooms in the sky isn't profitable it's a money pit just like most quality based ventures.

Also Hindenburg showed how safe zepplins are it just LOOKED horrible. Most of the fire was the baloon not the place where people were in. When that idiot was screaming "oh the humanity" people were running out of the Zepplin because they were alive. No ones sprinting out of no plane crash.

Something like this?

This was brilliant... but yes something... vaguely similar. Partying aboard a blimp, between the wars, and it's supposed to be the transportation of the future. Goes down in flames. And there can be characters more... grounded who live in the city where it went down and they're like oh shit I knew someone on there.

Zeppelins continued to operate as passenger service (and for air mail, an absolutely critical market in the early years of mass aviation) for years after the Hindenburg accident. Economics failed as fixed wing aircraft improved.

there are always start ups working on modern lighter than air transport ships. Business model seem to be focused on short to medium hall cargo transport. None of them have succeeded but I come across a new one every few years

Ginger was a great drummer but he was a miserable human. JB to me is the greatest rock drummer of all time.
I think that title belongs to Machine from Godflesh.
Ginger definitely was miserable. That quote cracks me up though.

aead2604d41dee65fb3502770a9abbfd.png

Airships didn't go so well for Firelord Ozai either, just saying.

I mean that's in a military context. Not a civilian one.

Also they had no idea metal benders existed. Fundamentally changes the whole dynamic between the industrial fire nation and the agrarian earth kingdom.

I mean that's in a military context. Not a civilian one.

Also they had no idea metal benders existed. Fundamentally changes the whole dynamic between the industrial fire nation and the agrarian earth kingdom.

Well that's true, in a way the war could not have lasted as long as Toph survived that encounter. Ozai could have won. Sokka and Suki and Zuko and Katara could have died. But if Toph survived and taught enough earthbenders metalbending, it really would be levels above anything the firebenders could do. Especially without Sozin's Comet.

I think it would be fun for parties.

But if it were used for transportation, they'd pack you in like sardines and you'd just be miserable wondering why you didn't take a plane

I think it would be fun for parties.

But if it were used for transportation, they'd pack you in like sardines and you'd just be miserable wondering why you didn't take a plane

Are you being sarcastic? Oh no we could lose the spacious freedom of planes!

It'd be cool if they could do it. I'd ride float in one

I don't know the history of these flying machines, why did they stop production and use of these machines?

Back