Should Vitor Belfort have been disqualified for punching Akiyama in the back of the head/neck twice?

flakxd

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Yes or no

And how the hell do I start a poll?

And wtf, am I in desktop or mobile version, I don't even know.....?? How can I switch, I can't even see.

Possibly. There were a couple of really bad ones.

BelfortkoAkiyama.gif

glad he at least got taken off the peds

No, because he was doing that for our sake. He didn't want to damage Sex's face. It's not like any of us jack off to the back of his head (or do we?).

We should be thanking him, not criticizing him.

Yes,but it's not the only time he has done it.

No, because the fight was already over.

Fined maybe, but it didn't alter the outcome of the fight so no DQ or NC.

The referees made the right calls. Obviously the guy who should have won, won.

I am torn because Vitor was winning anyways, so no, but some of those are so blatant and dangerous, so yes. There should have been some punishment.

dfEMih0.gif

You have to be really really blatant for a ref to DQ you for back of the head shots.

(Exception being Yamasaki)

dfEMih0.gif

You have to be really really blatant for a ref to DQ you for back of the head shots.

What fight is this? What did the ref do? Some of those that happen are forgivable because they're in the midst of a chaotic finish and their opponents are rolling all over trying to get away but that is incredibly blatant

The refs really don't enforce it very often though

It's back of the head.
The only back of the head shot was the one hammer fist after Franklin was already out. Never had a problem with it and I was rooting for Rich when that happened.

dfEMih0.gif

Yeah, that definitely makes my list of cheap shit every fighter should do because you will almost certainly not get popped for it.

What fight is this? What did the ref do? Some of those that happen are forgivable because they're in the midst of a chaotic finish and their opponents are rolling all over trying to get away but that is incredibly blatant

The refs really don't enforce it very often though

Kiichi Kunimoto vs Luiz Jorge Dutra Jr. from the Tarec/Hyun Gyu Lim card. The funny thing is Luiz actually celebrated, excessively at that, before they explained to him he was getting DQ'd for blatant back of the head shots.

Back