Should UFC sign Ikram Aliskerov?

Luckyme

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

TheWeasle had a good breakdown of Aliskerov's fight with Khamzat. Even though he eventually got KOed, he gave Khamzat his toughest fight so far. Stuffed every single takedown and even took Khamzat down. Not only that, but unlike Khamzat's UFC opponents, he did better on the feet and actually landed good strikes.

I started watching some of Aliskerov's highlights on YouTube and was pretty impressed. Not only does he have high level wrestling and Sambo, but he can fight on the feet and deliver Khabib-esqe GnP.

He hasn't lost since Khamzat and did better than everyone else that's fought him so far in the UFC. I think he could legit be a top 10 WW with his skillset. Even though Khamzat will eventually rule WW, this guy would be a solid addition to the UFC roster. He's young and has presumably gotten better since the loss. Would be better than many of the journeymen the UFC has now.

Let him get the Brave MW belt and then sign him on. He's only fought 3 times since Khamzat blessed him, I say two more dominant wins over the better guys at Brave, and then sure, get him a contract.

I didn’t watch the video. So I’m 100% being honest and have no clue.
But if he’s another chin beard jock sniffer, then no.

ufc probably already met their quota for fighters from that region. he will probably have to miss out for a while.

oh and i dont really care since i dont know who he is.

Yes. Extremely high level guy, 95% chance of becoming of being a top 10.

This is the hardest I've seen Khamzat have to work for a takedown.

Something I've noticed for a while now with these high-level Caucasus wrestlers is that their toughest fights are often outside of the UFC. Often from the Russian/Dagestan region. This was the same with Khabib for example, he had a way harder time with some of his early opponents than he did with anyone in the UFC.

People always tried to paint his early opponents as cans just because they were unknown, but in actuality many of them were lifetime grapplers and wrestlers, the exact type of fighters you'd pick to possibly beat Khabib.

It's hard to see anyone in the UFC giving Khamzat this much trouble with a takedown.

Do we really need to ask if a prospect should be picked up for a division that a good chunk of Sherdog swears is paper-thin and only has one top 15 fighter under 30?

TheWeasle had a good breakdown of Aliskerov's fight with Khamzat. Even though he eventually got KOed, he gave Khamzat his toughest fight so far. Stuffed every single takedown and even took Khamzat down. Not only that, but unlike Khamzat's UFC opponents, he did better on the feet and actually landed good strikes.

I started watching some of Aliskerov's highlights on YouTube and was pretty impressed. Not only does he have high level wrestling and Sambo, but he can fight on the feet and deliver Khabib-esqe GnP.

He hasn't lost since Khamzat and did better than everyone else that's fought him so far in the UFC. I think he could legit be a top 10 WW with his skillset. Even though Khamzat will eventually rule WW, this guy would be a solid addition to the UFC roster. He's young and has presumably gotten better since the loss. Would be better than many of the journeymen the UFC has now.

He's a legit top 5 talent. His takedown defence was incredible considering that Khamzat looked like he had the edge in power.

Good analysis

ufc probably already met their quota for fighters from that region. he will probably have to miss out for a while.

oh and i dont really care since i dont know who he is.
He needs to move to canada and become citizen we're well under our ufc quota.
<seedat>

He needs to move to canada and become citizen we're well under our ufc quota.
<seedat>
lmao. from canada just of the top of my head i can only name that olivier guy. marcin something?

sorry i dont even know his proper name but he got that curly hair.

Back