Should UFC make interim titles silver/rhodium?

mmadeewana

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Its very confusing for a new fan to see a both champion and challenger with the same world title. Guys like Ferguson and Covington even after being stripped show up with thier interim titles and claim to be champions. Also there should be rule where only champions are allowed to bring belts to press conference and former champs should not be allowed. Sound off your opinions.

They shouldn’t have them at all, except when absolutely necessary. But, I like the idea of a different metal, or colour.

The interim belt should be replaced with a "#1 contenders hat"

It's worn by the #1 contender in the division.

Its very confusing for a new fan to see a both champion and challenger with the same world title. Guys like Ferguson and Covington even after being stripped show up with thier interim titles and claim to be champions. Also there should be rule where only champions are allowed to bring belts to press conference and former champs should not be allowed. Sound off your opinions.
Have you seen the price of rhodium? I expect gold and silver to go on tears soon also. Forget about rhodium, it will be hard seeing real gold anytime soon. I expect gold to go to 5-10k in the next few years. Silver will explode too but will be affordable. Uncle Dana can afford it all but maybe silver is a good choice for the belts?

Do away with them and stick to stripping after 365 days without a scheduled fight. Stripping after eight months without a contract would be fair too.

No they should go back to their original purpose of being able to replace the champ if they refuse to fight. It's to not let the champ stop the line whether it be doing what Tito did or getting injured for years. An interim belt allows to recognize existence of said champs while not letting them shut things down. The issue is that very legitimate use has had the shit abused out of it. Today not only are the guys refusing to fight the contenders Dana asked, but not getting ready in set timetable.

This has nothing to do with the sport there was no reason to strip either Tony or Colby who were agreeing to fight the champs just not the timetable due to injuries. When you do that it's really because you just don't want to scrap a title fight a watered down card might is being carried by and might have to be cancelled without. Giving out a second belt then taking it away for(insert bs here)doesn't undo the title and Dana should know very well that sort of thing is why boxing ended up with alphabet soup.

But the idea of an interim belt makes sense. The interim title exists for pretty much every important job as a transition for when people leave. or are stepping away and it's unclear if they will return And it's the actual title and often becomes the real one, that's what it's there for. That's what interim should be used for. Instead of when the champ leave the tile it's become "to legitimize the arbitrary removal of a champ whose real life problems inconvenience me". Dana was right to have Chuck and Randy fight for the interim belt when Tito basically refused to fight anyone who he thought could beat him. It's there for a reason his stupid use of it to prevent titles being delayed a few months doesn't change that.

No they should go back to their original purpose of being able to replace the champ if they refuse to fight. It's to not let the champ stop the line whether it be doing what Tito did or getting injured for years. An interim belt allows to recognize existence of said champs while not letting them shut things down. The issue is that very legitimate use has had the shit abused out of it. Today not only are the guys refusing to fight the contenders Dana asked, but not getting ready in set timetable.

This has nothing to do with the sport there was no reason to strip either Tony or Colby who were agreeing to fight the champs just not the timetable due to injuries. When you do that it's really because you just don't want to scrap a title fight a watered down card might is being carried by and might have to be cancelled without. Giving out a second belt then taking it away for(insert bs here)doesn't undo the title and Dana should know very well that sort of thing is why boxing ended up with alphabet soup.

But the idea of an interim belt makes sense. The interim title exists for pretty much every important job as a transition for when people leave. or are stepping away and it's unclear if they will return And it's the actual title and often becomes the real one, that's what it's there for. That's what interim should be used for. Instead of when the champ leave the tile it's become "to legitimize the arbitrary removal of a champ whose real life problems inconvenience me". Dana was right to have Chuck and Randy fight for the interim belt when Tito basically refused to fight anyone who he thought could beat him. It's there for a reason his stupid use of it to prevent titles being delayed a few months doesn't change that.
Not against interim titles,but a casual fan should be able to recognize who the real champ is. Interim champ having silver color title or medals makes it easy to recognize who is who to the casuals. If an interim champ becomes undisputed champ(Barao,Whittaker)award them the gold one.

Have you seen the price of rhodium? I expect gold and silver to go on tears soon also. Forget about rhodium, it will be hard seeing real gold anytime soon. I expect gold to go to 5-10k in the next few years. Silver will explode too but will be affordable. Uncle Dana can afford it all but maybe silver is a good choice for the belts?
Just the color bro. Btw where i am from gold is costlier than rhodium so theres that too.

Yea for sure bro great idea.

Strip the champ if he can't fight within a reasonable amount of time.

Interim championships are just for the marketing purposes

Stripping titles more regularly would destroy the concept of lineage if someone gets injured a second time and has to recover longer.

If that's the case, ditch the belt and bring back pride jumbo checks and K1 trophies.

But it can't be both prestigious to keep defending and arbitrarily stripped within a year.

Just the color bro. Btw where i am from gold is costlier than rhodium so theres that too.
I don't know where you are from. I am from the U.S. (on planet Earth) and Rhodium is close to 10,000 dollars per ounce. Gold is only 1500 dollars (less than 1600). I'm not sure where Rhodium is less than gold.

Back