Should UFC do gimmick fights?

A ladder match would be nice.

Definitely need some ladder matches.

Razor-Ramon-8X10-Photo-Wrestling-Picture-Wwf-Wwe.jpg

For example, a "loser leaves town match" i.e the loser must quit MMA.

WWE does shit like this, but instead will have a hair vs. hair match, where the loser has to have his head shaved.

920x920.jpg

Are there any stipulations or gimmicks you would like attached to MMA fights? I think it would generate fan interest.

did u not see the cm punk fight. the fight where the winner gets fired.

Ultimate Surrender, google it. You're welcome WMMA. Nunes approves.

i quit match

lucha libre match

handicap fights

first blood match

One could argue that all of the "money fights" and "fun fights" are gimmick fights.

I mean, it's not like we go strictly by the rankings.

If you google James Toney he is described as "American Martial Artist."

Nobody does freak fights better than the Japanese. Nobody.

Guys rate my marketing presentation.

I say we have a all-star fight main/celebrity fight night. Like a fight night with celebrities. Do it in la, new york yearly. so that gives them alot of time to camp. prelims can be regular fighters(or no prelims at all) main card is 5 celebrity vs celebrity fight.(i.e. Wiz Khalifa vs whatever rapper is down to fight him/Chris brown vs Souja Boy would be the co-main or main event) It's whatever weight they agree too. No pro fighters vs celebrity though. OR Everyfight can be at catchweight so no divisions and fans get butthurt.

My second idea is to top the card off with a catchweight fight between two high ranked MMA fighters. (i.e. Perry vs Northcutt at 165 for bragging rights) this one I don't think you guys would be so open too.

so what do you think of it?

Idk, long term sounds like a bad idea. The next generation will be a bunch of fighting reality TV bots, mark my words.

Just let nature run its course.

Clay Guida vs Ortega. Ortega knocks him out in 3rd with a knee. He doesnt know where he is; the doctors and teammates arent allowed to enter the cage. They bring in a barbers chair and Ortega wraps a blanket around Guida and shaves his head. Then gives him a lollipop.

Crowd would go wild

Winner gets title shot matches
Interim belts = title shot

Absolutely.

Every major PPV should have a main card gimmick fight. Athletes from other sports, rappers, politicians running against each other, YouTube celebrities...it is the perfect arena to settle their beefs. It takes up 1 slot on the main card, which is no big deal, doesn't affect rankings and title picture, and can boost PPV buyrate and attention tremendously.

Gimmick >> WmmA

Back