Should UFC Compensate Tate If She Already Lined Up Sponsors?

ForbiddenSun

The VP
Platinum Member
Reaction score
CM9XQiHUAAAU-Pc.jpg

In her statement she clearly mentions her sponsors who thought she was getting the next title shot.

Granted there was no contract in place but the President of the UFC Dana White said Publically Tate would get the next title shot.

If Tate and her team went out and got new sponsors based on this or more money from her current sponsors based on this do you think the UFC should give her some sort of compensation? similar to the back room bonuses fighters get off the books?

Again, they don't legally have to but this is a bad precedent and it might help save face for Dana and the UFC who is already seen as screwing their fighters with the Reebok deal and overall fighter pay

Last edited:
Well...they told her she'd get the title shot...but it wasn't officially made. So I suppose no.

no, it's not their fault she thought she was getting a shot

It sucks for her, but I personally like seeing Ronda face new challengers (even tho they don't exist)

Make Tate vs Cyborg.

She should have waited until the contracts were signed before lining up sponsors and all that.

She went from the $30k Reebok title shot money, to the $5k Reebok 'generic UFC bum' money just like that.

What are you talking about on many levels? First off the fight was never officially announced, it was something Dana said...which doesn't mean anything based upon history. They have to offer her the fight first. 2nd..there is only 1 sponsor homie its reebok.

If you sign a side deal before a contract is in place then that's on Tate and her sponsors.

The UFC is only responsible for what they have actually put on paper. They aren't responsible for what agreements you make on the side.

Good question. While Tate should have waited to secure new sponsors until there were signatures on a contract, I can't fault her for believing what the president of the UFC said in public. This is some bush league shit from the Dana.

meh
No, comes with the business, the sponsors will understand imo.

Lol you serious?? Should they that's debatable but will they........

I hate Zuffa but you knew they were dog eat dog when you joined in. Put your big girl panties on and make lemonade outta lemons, beat Nunes ass.

Yes. $100,000 at least. It's not just about the money but also about the disrespect. Personally I think Tate should flip the UFC the bird and just go to Bellator contract or no contract but I can understand why she won't/can't.

While it wasn't "officialy" stated or whatever. Eye vs Tate was the title eliminator, and also it's just shitty of the UFC to say Tate is next and promise that Tate is going to fight Ronda next and not even tell her about the change. Just shity of the UFC, but fighter have to understand they have to sign a paper before anything is done for real.

Fool me once shame on Dana, fool me 1000x shame on me.

TBF, Meisha should always be training for Honda, its the only way she has a 1/100 chance of beating her if they do fight again. And I'm Team Cupcake.

Back