Should Tyrell Fortune go to PFL for the 1MIL?

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by trentkelp, Jan 14, 2020.

1. trentkelp

trentkelp Purple Belt

He has one fight left on his contract and is looking to go Free Agent......

Where should he go to get the most money? What promotion would benefit tbe most?

Best HW prospect in ALL MMA!

stinkynecklace likes this.
  2. RODNEY83

RODNEY83 Green Belt

He really needs to explore free agency and test his value. But if he isn't a Ali Abdelaziz client, then the PFL is probably not even going to be an option because of that Ray Sefo/Ali Abdelaziz scheme/scam.

3. trentkelp

trentkelp Purple Belt

Hearing they have already talked a little with his team.....they are very interested in him..

4. NoBiasJustMMA

NoBiasJustMMA Steel Belt

PFL makes the most sense. Bellator tends not to be very active for HWs and he would have higher earning potential.

BFoe and stinkynecklace like this.
  5. SalvadorAllende

SalvadorAllende Interim Belt

Where you heard that from? Sources or GTFO

6. skylolow

skylolow Silver Belt

I would say it depends on what the UFC offers him at what should be a 9-0 record.

If the money isn't there in the UFC yet, PFL makes a lot of sense if Bellator doesn't seriously step up to the plate. They still got some DAZN money rolling in so maybe Coker makes him a great offer.

Play the field and if he doesn't sign with the UFC I would be looking at short deals(3 or 4 fights) with other orgs so you can leave that door open to the UFC and strike a deal with them when he is hot.

qw3rty likes this.
  7. Zach The Maniac

Zach The Maniac Professional Russian

He gets destroyed by Ali Isaev

8. noizer

noizer Red Belt

at this point i would prefer seeing him in the ufc competing against the best hw's available. Coker isnt taking Tyrell anywhere at the moment and the PFL altho a great payday would be a waste of time atleast for the fans.

who wants to see a talent like Tyrell against another can like Coker is feeding him at the moment? and that is exactly what is going to happen when he signs with PFL.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  9. noizer

noizer Red Belt

Ali is the only HW of note in PFL and has shown us some promise. I think this is the only fight that makes sense for both should Tyrell sign with PFL. I would rather see them both in the ufc tbh.

Ronda.Jones.genetics likes this.
  10. TheBrownRanger

TheBrownRanger Brown Belt

I'd rather see him anywhere but Bellator tbh. Their Heavyweight division is dogshit. It is just old dudes, journeymen, and Vitaly Minakov.

11. tehMoose

tehMoose Black Belt

Feed him to Minakov

12. RODNEY83

RODNEY83 Green Belt

Dennis Goltsov was beating Ali Isaev everywhere and clearly in their fight until he got caught with one second left in the fight. Tyrell Fortune would face better competition in the PFL than what he is he is facing in Bellator. And in the PFL, Tyrell Fortune would get paid handsomely and be motivated because of the eyes on the prize $1 million dollars Tournament Champion gets.

qw3rty likes this.
  13. noizer

noizer Red Belt

Dennis Goltsov is a journyman level fighter Who folds if he gets pressured. Granted it would be Tyrells biggest test at this point of his career but my point is that he would have the chance to face much better competition if he would sign with the ufc and that is exactly why i want to see both him and Ali in the ufc.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  14. cheesus

cheesus Silver Belt

He has a good chance of winning, I think he should. Bellator are very slowly grooming in, he needs a step up in competition for name recognition.

15. Hellowhosthat

Hellowhosthat Brown Belt

Surely if he went anywhere it'd be to the UFC.

16. RODNEY83

RODNEY83 Green Belt

Denis Goltsov, a journeyman? But he was clearly beating Ali Isaev, a non journeyman in your eyes, I assume, until he got caught with one second left in the fight. Ali Isaev is a one dimensional heavyweight that would be a middle of the road, non-descript heavyweight in the UFC.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  17. noizer

noizer Red Belt

Thats why i stated Ali shows *some* promise in my original post. I certainly dont think Ali would be a contender at this point but so far he has beaten anyone they put in front of him including Goltsov.

Goltsov has a pretty decent record with some nice names on it but he also showed us that he breaks easily when pressured. I have seen him give up in the past. I dont think he is big league material but as a Journeyman he certainly is succesful

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  18. Hellowhosthat

Hellowhosthat Brown Belt

Goltsov could do okay in the UFC from what I've seen of him in PFL. I haven't seen his fights in Russia prior though. I'm not sure he'd be ranked or anything but he has a nice jab and would do well enough to be kept around as a gatekeeper imo.

19. SalvadorAllende

SalvadorAllende Interim Belt

I love to troll TS nuthuggery but that would be an actual good move for Fortune.

I feel the 1M would really motivate him to become the best version of himself and if he wins the whole thing he would have good leverage to negotiate with the UFC.

Bellator has awesome FW/LW/WW divisions but the heavier divisions have been stuck in the mood for years and years.

Tyrell is 29. He should not be wasting his prime fighting tomato cans in Bellator for pennies.

trentkelp likes this.
  20. CC27

CC27 Gold Belt

Fortune is fighting Timonthy Johnson at 239, Johnson who is 0-2 in Bellator.

Meh. If it really is a free agent after this hope he gets out of there. Go to UFC and fight the big boys. But I expect him to resign with Bellator.

Ronda.Jones.genetics likes this.