Should they just move Hall vs Strickland to UFC 265 now?

boozeco2005

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Given that Amanda is off the card now due to covid...why not just move Hall vs Strickland to the co-main of UFC 265 and reschedule the other fights to other upcoming cards? Not the ideal situation but Hall vs Strickland already lost their co-main anyways. I doubt they are going to draw a huge viewing audience this saturday anyways. What would you think if they did this?

UFC would keep Roxanne Modafferi vs Justine Kish as a main event if it meant counter-programming their enemy (Bellator).

UFC would keep Roxanne Modafferi vs Justine Kish as a main event if it meant counter-programming their enemy (Bellator).
Lol oh yeah I forgot about that. Although Bellator is on Showtime so by default their potential audience is already limited.

They've already made posters, promos etc advertising Hall / Strickland as the main event this weekend lol, what are they supposed to do, promote the Rani Yahya fight to the main event? <Lmaoo><45>

Obviously you didn't read my thread. I said they just just reschedule the rest of the fights from saturday to other upcoming cards. It's not like Saturday's card is stacked.

265 is fine, & the ppv can be better now if they replace her with Fiziev/Green.

Gane vs Lewis
Aldo vs Munhoz
Luque vs Chiesa
Yadong vs Kenney
Fiziev vs Green

Solid ass ppv card with no WMMA or random HW slop

Can't wait to see Hall knock Sean's head off. Coming for that strap baby less go!

Given that Amanda is off the card now due to covid...why not just move Hall vs Strickland to the co-main of UFC 265 and reschedule the other fights to other upcoming cards? Not the ideal situation but Hall vs Strickland already lost their co-main anyways. I doubt they are going to draw a huge viewing audience this saturday anyways. What would you think if they did this?

That fight sucks. So wouldn't matter either way

Obviously you didn't read my thread. I said they just just reschedule the rest of the fights from saturday to other upcoming cards. It's not like Saturday's card is stacked.
Wouldn't be smart, that would affect a bunch of fighters too close to the actual fight date. You do stuff like that in advance, not the week of the event. It would be better to just take the loss on the card with Amanda instead of trying to scrap this weeks event. They may still be able to fill it, who knows, most likely they just move a fight up to replace it and take the loss. Not sure what big fight they can get in that short amount of time with fighters willing to fight on short notice like that. Unless they want to move the Hall and Strictland fight only and keep the card on the weekend and just move up the other fights to main event and co-main. That would work better than trying to scrap the whole event.

Jose aldo will be bumped up to co-main.

Could've been chiesa but he's not a former ufc champ.

Back