Should the UFC schedule Cathal Pendred vs. CM Punk after their bitter Twitter feud?

Frank23

Enter Sandman Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
They both traded vicious barbs on twitter and it seems like there's some real animosity there. Should the UFC schedule Cathal Pendred vs. CM Punk?

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/cm-punk-cathal-pendred-twitter-beef-going-live-3048911/

vice-cp650.jpg

Cathal Pendred MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography - Sherdog.com

vs.

26EC335C00000578-0-image-m-19_1427113002417.jpg

Phil Brooks MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography - Sherdog.com

Update:

Cathal Pendred:

Last edited:
This fight might happen now.

Doubt it'd be sanctioned. Nor should it.

Pendred is the only fighter I can imagine CM beating or going to a decision.

Earliest Punk should face someone like Pendred is his second fight, and that's if he wins his first, and that's still rushing it.

Pendred would use him as a plaything. I hope the fight happens.

That would be such an awful idea, Pendred would blanket him. We would be deprived off witnessing CM's phenomenal striking.

This fight might happen now.
Lol, Pendred is probably the only guy who would struggle to KO Phillip Brooks. It's amazing that he's come this far in MMA actually. I don't think we'll ever see Phillip Brooks fight though, but this would be his best chance to avoid total destruction.

Yes. There is a funny beef between them going way back to when CM Punk first signed, plus it would be the perfect merging between two worlds:

Guy who thinks he can fight UFC, versus guy who MMA nerds think can't fight UFC.

Would be a hilarious fight

Cathal by split decision

Well, yeah. They need to give punk someone he can beat.

lol, you know that money comment must have stung that can.

Earliest Punk should face someone like Pendred is his second fight, and that's if he wins his first, and that's still rushing it.

Pretty much took the post right out from my finger tips.

Should UFC match up 2 of their definite least skilled fighters for what promises to be a shitty fight?

I really don't care

Sure, that would be a great first loss for CM Punk. At least he won't get hurt in the process. Just a slow, steady, monotonous loss.

Twitter wars dictating match making?

Oh lord that sounds gay.

Hell no. Pendred is looking to talk himself a way to a big pot of gold, but he should never ever be close to a main event fight.

CM punk being in the UFC in the first place is a joke, they're not going to prove that by letting him fight someone with 15+ fights first time out.

Hell no. Pendred is looking to talk himself a way to a big pot of gold, but he should never ever be close to a main event fight.

This. It will be a huge fight, and Pendred doesn't deserve it. He's boring as hell lets not reward that. CM Punk is like a walking bag of gold for any fighter out there.

I've always kind of thought that CM Punk is going to start training for real, and in his first serious sparring matches with real professionals, he is going to recognize just how ridiculously outclassed he is and is going to back out of his contract.

Yes. There is a funny beef between them going way back to when CM Punk first signed, plus it would be the perfect merging between two worlds:

Guy who thinks he can fight UFC, versus guy who MMA nerds think can't fight UFC.

Would be a hilarious fight

This. It would be like a scrub who watches basketball thinking they could tool on Brian Scalabrine and get pummeled, as has legitimately happened.

Back