Should the UFC mandate new training regulations?

PRIDE_DREAM_RIZIN

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
image.jpeg
With the recent rash of injuries. Should the UFC implement new training regulations leading into fights?

Should there be required pads weeks before fight?
No sparring 2 weeks before bout?
Zuffa appointed officials to oversea training?

What precautions can UFC take to limit injuries?

They just shouldn't be allowed to train. problem solved.

No full contact sparring before the fight, period. It's common sense.

I've ran several marathons before and I know I have to tapper down 2 weeks before the run. I only do one 23 miler 2 weeks before and go light the rest of the way. Same logic applies to MMA.

no.

not sure they could if they wanted to but even then. no.

No full contact sparring before the fight, period. It's common sense.
how long before a fight? full contact sparring is a pretty important part of fight prep

Just hire a movement coach to free the body and there will be no injuries.

I doubt they can dictate anything, they maintain the fighters are not employees, but independent contractors.

View attachment 79749
With the recent rash of injuries. Should the UFC implement new training regulations leading into fights?

Should there be required pads weeks before fight?
No sparring 2 weeks before bout?
Zuffa appointed officials to oversea training?

What precautions can UFC take to limit injuries?

You must be a Bernie Sanders supporter. Seriously suggesting the UFC should govern all of its fighters training, that these fighters pay there hard earned money with, is typical of the jackasses that are trying to ruin America.

Let me give you helpful advice. Life is full of disappointments and bumps in the road. That will never change no matter how hard you try to control it.

There are plenty fights to make for Conor. Diaz and Pettis are both great options. Let's see what happens

I know it is a dangerous sport, but it didn't used to be this way. This phenomena needs to be studied to find some solution, that is for sure. There has to be some intervention, the number of championship fights that are cancelled due to injury is astounding.

They can train however they so choose. I think they have to be smart about it. There is a lot of injuries that can happen in MMA training. To defend an armbar you have to be in an armbar. At least brazillians especially get in there mix it up in their training like in an actual fight. I think many camps pull back on the real physical detailed training a couple weeks before the fight which is where we at with this fight. RDA probably was in the final phase of real intense training.

Back