Should the UFC just wait on the Natty Goat's return?

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
Paulo "All Natty Goat" Costa will be ready to bang by April and Izzy has been extremely active over the last year (fighting 5 times I believe).

Adesanya could use 2-3 months of some rest and they could get the highly anticipated matchup between the two booked for sometime early April.

This is a better option than having Romero fight Izzy right now IMO...

Discuss

Arroz con pollo bless
<RomeroSalute>

Paulo "All Natty Goat" Costa will be ready to bang by April and Izzy has been extremely active over the last year (fighting 5 times I believe).

Adesanya could use 2-3 months of some rest and they could get the highly anticipated matchup between the two booked for sometime early April.

This is a better option than having Romero fight Izzy right now IMO...

Discuss

There is no guarantee Costa will be back in April and having champs wait for challengers is stupid.

Pauloroids and Juicehead perma-pulser Jones for the undisputed natty GOAT title.

Make it happen, Pink Goof.

While I'd love to see Costa and Adesanya, I say let him fight Romero first. Hopefully Romero KO's him and then we can see him and Costa duke it out.

Doubt Costa's ready to fight in April, maybe ready to start training. Regardless Khabib/Tony is the April PPV, so the earliest possible would be May. Which is pretty long for Izzy to wait for a challenger, especially if he's ready to go. Just let him bang against Yoel.

Costa vs Romero was basically a draw.

If Costa deserved the title shot, so does Romero.

Cannonier is on a 3 fight win streak and his last 2 losses were against fighters who are LHW's and having success. Give him the shot.

It's already known that they are not trying to wait on Costa right now.

We finally have a champion that wants to stay active and fight the guys no one else wants to fight.

Why would you want to put him on the shelf? Let him bang.

There is no guarantee Costa will be back in April and having champs wait for challengers is stupid.
Pretty much this...

Fight delays can potentially lead to further delays. Israel seems okay with the Yoel fight.

While I'd love to see Costa and Adesanya, I say let him fight Romero first. Hopefully Romero KO's him and then we can see him and Costa duke it out.

50-year old Romero isn't going to KO Israel. He couldn't KO Whittaker in 10 rounds of fighting and lost to Costa already too. He's a one or two trick pony (superman punches and flying knees) and they look less explosive and more predictable each fight. He's not beating a much younger and more technical striker.

No, we don't need Champs waiting even more than they usually do .....

Nothing is guaranteed in MMA but that's Costa's word and his coaches said the same.

Also, having champions fight non-contenders is stupid.

Izzy wants to fight not wait for someone to get clean enough for USADA to clear.

Not fuck that, I want to see champions fight than stall, his been on a roll why stop for a juicehead.

I thought you meant put the UFC on hold until your batty boy returned?

If the champ wants to fight let them fight. Title fights should not be held up because someone who doesn't have the belt is injured.

The situation is fucked up. Yoel dosent deserve it, Costa will be out to long and Izzy shouldnt wait.

Back