Should The UFC Have Waited On This Announcement?

Dbreiden83080

Andle My Riddum
@Titanium
Reaction score
I mean we have this big rematch coming up tomorrow but because of the announcement today nobody is talking about that. Nobody seems to care about that. Everyone is just looking down the road. TJ and Cody must be pissed. I expect another poor buy rate..

Would've probably been smarter to break it during the PPV.

yes why the fuck would they overshadow the Diaz/Poirier announcement AND the upcoming TJ/Cody rematch just to rush this out there lmao

I mean it's cool we know it's happening.. but it's an awful day to do it.

Ultimate Fighting Conorship

This is a great rematch and I almost forgot its tomorrow. I don't think they should of done the rematch right away but this fight wont and doesnt sell to the casuals. Itll be another 250K PPV I bet. Either way, I don't care I have no stake in the UFC. Just a sleazy streaming fan.

I hope cody takes it this time. Cejudo MM is going to be good, only a few people are looking forward to it but I get it.. we need fresh matchups in these divisions.. its getting stale. A PPV with the main and co as rematches..

<6>

UFC social media is getting way more attention right now than it ever would've without this announcement
Maybe they can use that hype to promote this bum PPV tomorrow night

UFC social media is getting way more attention right now than it ever would've without this announcement
Maybe they can use that hype to promote this bum PPV tomorrow night

October is not that far off.. 65 bucks A lot of people would just wait

This PPV won't get many buys regardless

May as well start promoting one of, if not the biggest UFC fight ever

Very little attention on 227 before the announcement anyway, I don't think it matters.

It’s not getting any attention from the sports media because of the Ohio st story. Being a Friday in the summer isn’t a great time to do it either. It will still sell like crazy though

I'm a real fan so I watch every PPV.

As a real fan I'm finding it harder to pay for them.

That's where it gets muddy for me.

If they sit on the announcement they always run the risk of a certain reporter spoiling it too
Then a reporter stole your thunder and attention is still turned away from your event.

If they sit on the announcement they always run the risk of a certain reporter spoiling it too
Then a reporter stole your thunder and attention is still turned away from your event.

Yes but it is still just a rumor until an official announcement is made. But the mainstream media is now covering this instead of the fight tomorrow night. It just took all of the momentum away from that fight. Even though it didn’t have a lot of momentum I suppose. But I am ordering tomorrow’s fights. I’m excited.

Yes but it is still just a rumor until an official announcement is made. But the mainstream media is now covering this instead of the fight tomorrow night. It just took all of the momentum away from that fight. Even though it didn’t have a lot of momentum I suppose. But I am ordering tomorrow’s fights. I’m excited.
Certain reporters have enough clout to where it's taken as gospel and not just a rumour, just like when Brawk's return got spoiled and it started WWIII between Dana and Ariel.

The fuck is the UFC's marketing team doing? I read MMA forums and news for like 3-4 hours a day and I had no idea this card was happening tomorrow. Jesus Christ they're bad.

Back