Should "The Mauler" vs "The Dream Catcher" be a #1 contenders match?

Either guy would be deserving, but so is Hendo if he beats Machida, and Cormier is out there too. It seems likely that the winner of this fight has to take at least one more to get there. I don't see either guy wanting to sit on the sidelines for the rest of the year.

Really, what is creating the backlog is the damn Sonnen/Jones fight. The UFC could have easily put Jones against either Hendo or Gus instead of this bizarre fight with Chael.

Hendo with a win over Machida is in no way a forgone conclusion.

I never said that it was (in fact, I'd pick Machida).

However, to call Gus/Mousasi a fight for the next shot is to say Hendo doesn't get the title shot even with a win over Machida, which is silly.

Also, it's on Fuel.

I think not. I think it's a fight to see if someone gets a #1 Contender fight.

However, to call Gus/Mousasi a fight for the next shot is to say Hendo doesn't get the title shot even with a win over Machida, which is silly.

Also, it's on Fuel.

Fair enough. I agree.

Cormier and the winner of Hendo/Machida (although Machida might duck Jones again) deserve the first crack. Gus, Davis, Evans and the 2 of those 3 guys left out will probably get the next title shot. Maybe Evans if he beats one of those 5 fore-mentioned guys.

they should gave mousasi someone like thiago silva or something instead of having him fight one of the top 5 guys, right off the bat.
I hope he trains his ass off.

I agree mousasi would need some more wins before he gets a title fight.
Gustaffson should get one if he wins.

If either guy dominates then I think they get the title shot.

They're going to give it to Cormier with a win over Mir. Probably even over Hendo imo.

Nope. Hendo-Machida winner should get the next shot at Jones around August/September. Cormier fights in April against Mir at HW, and if he wins, he should fight the winner of Mousasi/Gus in a number one contender match at LHW. Timing is perfect for that. If Glover beats Rampage in impressive fashion, he should be in the discussion, but i like the idea of him facing a wrestler like Rashad (after he beats Lil' Nog next month) or Phil Davis next.

Mousasi/Gus winner should face Glover/Rampage winner for the shot after Hendo if Hendo beats Machida. If Machida wins give the shot to Mousasi/Gus winner. And have Rampage/Glover winner face Machida.

Between Cormier Mir, Hendo Machida and.Gus Gegard whichever one ends the most violently will get the shot

If Hendo beats Lyoto then Dan gets the shot. If Gus beats Mousasi he gets the shot after Dan and if both Lyoto and Gegard win they are going to fight for title shot. That imo makes the most sense.

I'm still pissed off that it's not Hendo getting the next shot.

Definetly a.a number one contenders match both are the best at lightheavy and both present some interesting style match up for jones I cant wait for this fight Loser fights Shogun War RUAAAAA

Also, it's on Fuel.

Sig bet that Hendo wins?

To me it's a fight to set 1 someone up in the #1 contender fight.

It's pretty funny that post UFC on Fox 4 people were pretty much spelling death for the LHW division with Shogun or Machida being promised the title shot and saying how there's nobody out there for Jones.

Now all of a sudden there's TOO many guys in the pipeline really. The UFC 151 cancellation and Sonnen getting a title shot now might actually be a blessing in disguise, the division is really getting a nice shake-up and contenders are becoming more and more viable.

If Hendo beats Lyoto then Dan gets the shot. If Gus beats Mousasi he gets the shot after Dan and if both Lyoto and Gegard win they are going to fight for title shot. That imo makes the most sense.

I agree with this.

Mousasi/Gus winner should face Glover/Rampage winner for the shot after Hendo if Hendo beats Machida. If Machida wins give the shot to Mousasi/Gus winner. And have Rampage/Glover winner face Machida.
Glover/Rampage are at least 2 matches away from a title shot after their bout.

Glover/rampage against loser of Mousasi/gus or loser of Machida/Hendo is more on the correct level if we ignore that UFC likes to match winners against winners. And Evans is also in the mix.

Machida would need to beat Hendo down badly imo for a title shot.

We've already seen him get choked out relatively recently, I'd rather see JBJ fight Hendo or Gus.

That's all.

Back