Should the fighter be protected or given the chance to go out like a warrior ?

I don’t know what the correct answer is but it needs to be consistent. The mentality that because it’s a title fight someone should have to be beaten unconscious doesn’t sit well with me. As the champ you shouldnt earn the requirement of potential brain damage in the future in order to lose.

In other words I don’t think someone should have to take an extra heavy ass beating just because they are champ. That’s fucked up.
To me the answer is to use the same one or two referees for all title fights.
That is the whole thing........consistency is needed. Either stop all the fights early, stop them all too late, or stop them right on time. Not this current bullshit that some refs are stopping it after the first knock down, and some refs will give you time to weather the storm (Glover).

Either way, I think in championship fights, both fighters should be given a better chance at recovering, as that may be the only shot they got at the belt. Look at how refs have given title fighters plenty of time to recover, like with Brock (vs Carwin), or with Robert Whittaker (vs Yoel), or even Cody (vs TJ 2). Either way, we need more consistency in when the refs stop the fights.

It was a real toss up. TJ was about to perform a textbook single leg and submit Henry with it. Glad we are still talking about it.
Did you not see TJ use the single leg to stand back up the first time? Just because he was going for a single, doesn't mean TJ was trying to use it to take Henry down. Maybe TJ was trying to use the single to stand back up, which he already did after the first knock down.

it's about protecting the fighter, that's the only purpose of the ref in any fight. some calls are better than others but an early stoppage is better than a late one

If the guy is brave enough to say "I fight to the death" then getting embarrassing loss should be a walk in the park for him, right?

Back