Should Silva's knee have earned him a 10-8 round?

Bisping literally goes down, covers his face with his hand, then immediately starts conversing with Herb a second later as soon as the round's done. Try again.

He's not knocked out at all.

Lol

Covers face with hand. Lol

Cmon. Its patently absurd to argue he could have or was in position to defend himself in that position. It's a joke and you don't believe it.

That was a great knockdown.. Another example of a round deserving a higher score

How is it deserving of a 10-8? Do you understand what you have to do to get a 10-8? You have to completely stifle your opponent for 5 minutes straight. Did that happen? No. Silva scored a knockdown, which could have been a TKO except he went full retard immediately after the knee. Legit 10-9.

If you think one strike, even if it was a near finish wins you a 10-8 in a round you were losing, please don't post again or never try to score an MMA fight.

This isn't boxing. MMA uses the 10-9 must system as a baseline but the rules are very different. A knockdown in boxing is 10-8, a 10-8 in MMA means dominating a round. It says nothing about finishing. You can hold someone down for 5 minutes and get a 10-8.

Forrest vs Rampage had a round like that, Forrest took Rampage down had 2 submission attempts and a bunch of strikes, Rampage literally landed nothing that round so it was a 10-8.

Forrest vs Rampage had a round like that, Forrest took Rampage down had 2 submission attempts and a bunch of strikes, Rampage literally landed nothing that round so it was a 10-8.

Forrest and Rampage reminds me ALOT of Anderson vs Bisping

Forrest and Rampage reminds me ALOT of Anderson vs Bisping

Yep, the guy that won the majority of the fight won the fight in both cases but they also took more damage.

No, it won him a round that he was possibly losing.

Yep, the guy that won the majority of the fight won the fight in both cases but they also took more damage.

also: Relentless dogged determination to stick to the gameplan no matter what.

Lol

Covers face with hand. Lol

Cmon. Its patently absurd to argue he could have or was in position to defend himself in that position. It's a joke and you don't believe it.

Him covering his face is proof he's still conscious you moron. He's literally talking to Herb and complaining while Silva's walking away. He's never once KO'd.

Take off your Silva blinders, he was fine and the fight shouldn't have been stopped. It's just a knockdown.

Him covering his face is proof he's still conscious you moron. He's literally talking to Herb and complaining while Silva's walking away. He's never once KO'd.

Take off your Silva blinders, he was fine and the fight shouldn't have been stopped. It's just a knockdown.

Lol. Again your standard for a ko is unconscious, which is fucking ridiculous and not in line with reality. He was not able to defend himself. He looked exactly like a hunt walk off victim. Or tons of other ko's. Just about every ko the fighter is still conscious. Bisping could not defend himself. A typical mma ko.

Lol. Again your standard for a ko is unconscious, which is fucking ridiculous and not in line with reality. He was not able to defend himself. He looked exactly like a hunt walk off victim. Or tons of other ko's. Just about every ko the fighter is still conscious. Bisping could not defend himself. A typical mma ko.

What was he not able to defend himself from? He drops, puts his hand up, and the round ends not even a second after all this has gone down, and he immediately starts talking to Herb? Seriously man, go rewatch the fight, you're making an idiot of yourself here. At no point should the fight be stopped here.

10-8 rounds are for when guys are completely dominating / almost finishing over a long period of time (usually the majority of the round, if not the entire thing). one good strike does not make a 10-8.

That was a great knockdown.. Another example of a round deserving a higher score

You could argue it either way.

NO - because it was a close round and that was only one strike.

YES - because Bisping was effectively KO'd, and that's about as much damage as can be done in a completed round.

Whatever your preference is as a scorer.

You don't have to accept it. But as long as it is, any bitching about perceived robberies is coming strictly from your own personal end due to your own personal judging methods, and not actual robberies under the system that the fights are actually taking place in.

However people choose to judge it - the system is not black and white - if you think the winner was the better fighter that night, then it's all good. If not, your scoring system is broken.

I disagree with the decision in this fight, but it's no robbery. Anything from 48-46 Silva to 48-47 Bisping seems reasonable to me.

Other than that Bisping handily won 4:45 seconds of that round that is. You want to give Silva a 10-8 round for winning 15 seconds, you better a least be giving Bisping a 10-8 in the second too otherwise your bias is showing.

Do you really think those two strikes are comparable? I don't. I'm not sure what that makes me biased against. Strikes that have less impact? Maybe I'm biased toward flying knees and I just can't see that Bisping's punch affected Silva just as much as that knee affected Bisping.

There are bad decisions by judges, but the judges actually are fairly consistent in what they reward. People just continue to refuse to recognize those patterns of rewarding in favour of their own systems and then call robbery on decisions that are actually the expected result of how judges tend to judge fights because they were sitting there judging fights based on what they favour instead of what the judges favour.

The overwhelming majority of the decisions by the judges follow their normal pattern. Fans and fighters just tend not to agree with what the judges actually reward, not that the judges themselves are making these wild decisions.

Okay, for example, let's take all of Frankie Edgar's title fights, which ones do you think he won and how many of those did the judges get right, in your opinion?

10-8 round? Are you kidding me?

He should have been immediately disqualified after that.

Back