Should Sherdog remove the likes option?

Should Sherdog remove the likes option?

• Total voters
I mentioned in a different thread but sometimes the best answers are the simpliest! I don't know how just hitting a "like" would affect Sherdog database, but like you said, just stop tracking them at this point, we didn't used to track it.

Give us the ability to "ping" the poster with a like letting him/her know we liked it and the clear it from the database once the user either acknowledges the like or after X amount of days.....maybe 7 days purge the database entry for that like tag. Surely that can't tax the the database that much.

I don't care about likes vs posts or how many likes a person has . But I kind of like to log into Sherdog and see if anyone liked what I posted or who liked it. It doesn't validate me but it gives us a sense of community in a way. If the same people like your stuff a lot and you tend to like there stuff and pretty soon you kind of build a friendship.
I think something like this is the best idea. Sometimes giving likes aren’t about attention, it’s an acknowledgement: “I saw your post, I heard ya.” Not sure why clicking this couldn’t show up as a notification for the user, and then delete itself after a certain period of time.

We should just fill this thread with likes till they give us our likes back.

why not go full 4 chan and get rid of usernames too, 4chan is pretty neat, get rid of those bastard yellow cards too.

but seriously, we should be able to buy likes for a dollar each

and ditch this sports book cash bullshit too, what is that even about? I don't use it so it can't be any good

Who gives a shit, its not its tinder and you are going to get laid or anything.

Realistically speaking, its good way to detect a funny post or reply. That's all it is for me.

I think they should add a dislike option. Muhahahaha. Wait likes got reset? Someone please give me a like.

Realistically speaking, its good way to detect a funny post or reply. That's all it is for me.
The other thing that was good is that you could use it to detect trolls and assholes. Sometimes this wasn’t true for some of the old accounts from back in the day. But if someone had a join date in the past few years, had 4000 posts but only 500 likes, you could be pretty sure they were an asshole.

The other thing that was good is that you could use it to detect trolls and assholes. Sometimes this wasn’t true for some of the old accounts from back in the day. But if someone had a join date in the past few years, had 4000 posts but only 500 likes, you could be pretty sure they were an asshole.

Yes that's great point, its the post ratio in respect to join date. Ultimately speaking, its not a big deal to get likes but its a good indicator if people enjoyed your post. The highest I got was 78 in total for one post. It was humors but more importantly it was the first reply. Timing was the key!

Yes that's great point, its the post ratio in respect to join date. Ultimately speaking, its not a big deal to get likes but its a good indicator if people enjoyed your post. The highest I got was 78 in total for one post. It was humors but more importantly it was the first reply. Timing was the key!
Haha yeah, and sometimes it was the goofiest shit that got likes. My best was 70-something too. Someone posted “Dana is still mad at Weidman for beating Silva” and I said “so am I.” That was all I said, and it got like 75 likes or something stupid.

I don’t care if they get rid of it. If they keep it they should add a dislike button.

Meh... sharing a laugh/helax here it’s different purpose. Come here for different reasons. Camaraderie Yo.

Back