Should Rory and Lombard fight for No. 1 WW contender?

Rory should fight for the title next. Lombard should fight Woodley/Gastelum winner for the shot at the title after Rory. Line em up.

Lombard always looks like he is going to sleep and really for a guy with all that power coming off his body like vegeta he seems to cautious and unwilling to go for finishes. Rory in my opinion would dismantle and fuck him up.

The fight should happen but I have concerns this could be a dude and the UFC may have the same concern. Lombard has serious stamina issues and Rory has shown he's not willing to engage much against fighters who have potential one punch knockout.

You mean like Tyron Woodley? Where Rory was the aggressor the whole time and made Woodley look like his presumably adopted kid brother?

You mean like Tyron Woodley? Where Rory was the aggressor the whole time and made Woodley look like his presumably adopted kid brother?

I like Rory but his mindset has varied greatly during his last few fights. He's put on great fights and real shit ones. He seems to be heading in the right direction. I'd like to see the fight but I can see why the UFC has some concerns.

Rory vs Lombard would be another staring contest. They will bring out the worst of each other due to heavy mutual respect for each other's striking.

I don't know why people think this will be a good fight.

Rory should fight for the title next. Lombard should fight Woodley/Gastelum winner for the shot at the title after Rory. Line em up.

So you want Rory to just sit out for ~6+ months waiting on a shot?

Rory vs Lombard would be another staring contest. They will bring out the worst of each other due to heavy mutual respect for each other's striking.

I don't know why people think this will be a good fight.

That's kind of what I see as well.

Man, if Rory, Jones, and Conor all hold belts I'm going to quit buying ppvs, cancel fight pass, sell my tv, abandon this account, and quit following MMA altogether.

I think that Rory was already granted a title shot so why should he have to go through the other big contender to get his shot . they can fight once Rory is champ .
he (Rory )should get a can like Gus and Conor .

This fight should have already happened after Lombard beat a top 6 Shields with ease. But instead Rory fought 2 guys that Shields had recently beaten and a 3rd guy ranked below Lombard.

Yes, probably at UFC 186 in Montreal, winner gets a title-shot.

yeah, would like to see rory vs lombard. seems the most logical fight for the TS

Back