Should Rory and Lombard fight for No. 1 WW contender?

FallonFoxGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Haven't heard anyone talking about Rory or Lombard since the Jones-DC fight followed by the Jones-cocaine fiasco.

That said, does anyone else want to see Rory vs Lombard for the #1 WW contender since Hendro-Lawler 3 is in the works?

Both fighters are on a 3-fight win streak.

I'd rather Hendricks gets injured and one of them fights Lawler.

Barring that, yes.

Lombard looked less than stellar against Burkman.
If he shows up similarly against Rory, I got Rory all.fucking.day.

That jab and those low kicks will keep Hector at bay.

I mean... kinda. I'd like to watch that fight.

But I really, really think Rory should be fighting for that title.

Man, fuck that rematch.

Lombard looked less than stellar against Burkman.
If he shows up similarly against Rory, I got Rory all.fucking.day.

That jab and those low kicks will keep Hector at bay.

Oh, and this.

Rory should be a huge favourite. Lombard has scary power and great Judo, but if he can't close the distance easily, he doesn't really have a back up plan.

Rory will stay on the outside and pick him apart. Potentially finish him if Lombard gasses badly enough.

sounds like a reasonable fight for #1 contender. somehow i pick rory, but lombard is a tough mfer.

I'd rather Hendricks gets injured and one of them fights Lawler.

Barring that, yes.

This all day. Probably the first time I really wish for a fighter to pull out of the fight. An immediate trilogy is the stupidest thing ever. I hope Hendricks re-injures his hand and UFC will be forced to book Lawler vs Rory or Lawler vs Lombard. If Gastelum wins, maybe even Lawler vs Gastelum.

If Lombard wins, I hope Lawler wins as well since Lawler vs Lombard would be awesome.

Since they're going with the shit trilogy, this is the best fight to make.

Lombard needs a push from the UFC and i think that would be the fight to do it.

They both can be very conservative and with what's at stake, it would have a great chance of being a very boring fight. That being said, they should fight if Lawler Hendricks III is officially booked.

Still 100% yes after 25 votes...is this a poll first on Sherdog?

Pulling for Lombard, always have. That said, Rory very easily kicks and jabs his way to a title shot.

voted No cause rory earned his shot long ago!

Don't get me wrong,I want Rory to fight for the title,but since that's not happening I want him to keep active.

Haven't heard anyone talking about Rory or Lombard since the Jones-DC fight followed by the Jones-cocaine fiasco.

That said, does anyone else want to see Rory vs Lombard for the #1 WW contender since Hendro-Lawler 3 is in the works?

Both fighters are on a 3-fight win streak.

The fight should happen but I have concerns this could be a dude and the UFC may have the same concern. Lombard has serious stamina issues and Rory has shown he's not willing to engage much against fighters who have potential one punch knockout.

Back