Should Poirier be more popular?

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He’s been involved with multiple charities (on a UFC fighter’s salary), sells his fight gear and currently is raising money to build a playground for kids with disabilities.

His fights are always entertaining and he comes to scrap. He’s a true professional but does the general public care about this stuff?

I mean probably. He doesn’t take fights on short notice and doesn’t talk a ton of shit so I get why it may be taking him longer. But as far as I’m concerned that’s ok

Yes. Dudes incredible to watch, seems like a great dude. That's what makes this fight with Max a bummer for me. I love them both, want them both to win every time I watch them. I dont want to root against either one of them. The UFC is getting a real gift with this fight, two great dudes, two incredible fighters, and what should be an absolute war.

Needs a name change

Maybe, Andrew Anvilfist

He can't seem to win the big fight yet ....he needs to beat Max then Tony /khaboob time maybe then .

i agree. plus he's been heavily featured in an excellent mma documentary-

Cutiing promos is the name of the game now...

get a gimmick like
McG, JBJ, Perry, Covingdumb, Askren etc

No, the general public doesn't care about this stuff.

People say they do, but when you look at how they vote when they vote with the feet/wallet, the overwhelming majority will go for the guy who cokes himself up and runs around naked on stage instead of the good human being, even if the fighters are similarly skilled.

We don't live in a just universe. That's not how it works, sadly.

Yes, too bad he speaks like one of those myspace era pop-punk dudes from New Jersey.

I've been a fan since "Fightville"

His fights deliver. He has a ton of heart, fights in an action packed exciting style but also has well rounded skills.

He is coming off multiple FOTY type of fights. His fights against Pettis, Eddie and Gaethje were all absolutely beautiful displays of incredibly technical violence.

What's not to like?

He’ll get all the accolades and more publicity if he gets past Max.

Don’t see it though.

World class, but it’s bad matchup, and Holloway is better.

Dustin is great plus he is a finisher he only 5 decisions out of 24 wins but somehow he is not that popular maybe his character doesnt impress fans who knows,but I can say that Conor loss took a lot from him

Great fighter, and it looks like he's overall a great person. Maybe if wins against Max he gets some well deserved spotlight.

On paper he should be more popular- impressive record, violent style, great hair, and one of the few guys in the UFC with decent tats. But for whatever reason, he can't seem to reach that next level of fame where the Gaethjes and Fergusons of the sport reside. Maybe his personality is too plain?

Back