Opinion Should people who don't pay taxes also get $1000?

Putting limitations and restrictions on who gets money is going to drastically delay the payments. I think the intention is to get money in the hands of Americans asap.

@ultramanhyata always projects.

You're in this thread trolling, and then you turn around and claim that others are lacking in concern or care. Astonishing.

It's probably for the best that you just stay here on sherdog and troll. You're clearly no help, and no good to the people around you. I pity anyone unlucky enough to find themselves reliant upon you. Not just during this crisis, but in life. You will inevitably disappoint them and let them down.

And another turd joins in the shitposting troll chorus.

And talk about "projecting". That spiel was a massive self-own. Maybe deep down you really recognize that all the time and energy you put into your fake Farmer Brown persona here makes you a directionless loser. Recognizing the problem is the first step in recovery. So maybe there is hope.

If every gets $1,000, there's gonna be a lot of shiny news rims in my neighborhood.
My neighborhood too. Good thing about that is it’sGreat for the businesses. They won’t buy them outright, they will rent them, and then they will go back around July, when they can’t afford them anymore. Business gets rims back, and resells. Happens every year here, around tax time.

I get not wanting to continue giving to those who do not contribute as much, but save it for non-emergency situations.

How is the person who was diagnosed with cancer six months ago, had to take an unpaid leave of absence from their job, had inadequate insurance to cover treatment and is now facing impoverishment and eviction not also an "emergency situation"???

Is it only a human "emergency" if an individual's calamity directly affects you via either contagion or economic downturn?

This is the vital question this pandemic raises. It goes out to all those who politically oppose universal, single-payer healthcare and a significant expansion of the nation's social programs.

“The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members.” - Mahatma Gandhi

How is the person who was diagnosed with cancer six months ago, had to take an unpaid leave of absence from their job, had inadequate insurance to cover treatment and is now facing impoverishment and eviction not also an "emergency situation"???

Is it only a human "emergency" if an individual's calamity directly affects you via either contagion or economic downturn?

This is the vital question this pandemic raises. It goes out to all those who politically oppose universal, single-payer healthcare and a significant expansion of the nation's social programs.

“The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members.” - Mahatma Gandhi
That’s a very specific situation, and it is obvious that I’m not equipped to come up with a plan that helps in all situations, for all people. I imagine not many here are either. Just saying that in this case, the corona virus hooplah, it’s best to give everyone something. It’s about all of us, and not a specific person and their specific problem they face.

Not everyone’s emergency is mine. That is absolutely true. Just like mine aren’t yours either.

We don’t want to fuck this thing up by wasting time and resources targeting favored groups. The goal should be to get people assistance and try to limit the severity and duration of the looming recession. It’s not the time for ideology, this is a fucking crisis!

We don’t want to fuck this thing up by wasting time and resources targeting favored groups. The goal should be to get people assistance and try to limit the severity and duration of the looming recession. It’s not the time for ideology, this is a fucking crisis!
Really nuts that people see this as some kind of reward for having a particular status in life, or a way of protecting their spot in some racial/social hierarchy, and not as a way to help everybody.

That’s a very specific situation, and it is obvious that I’m not equipped to come up with a plan that helps in all situations, for all people. I imagine not many here are either. Just saying that in this case, the corona virus hooplah, it’s best to give everyone something. It’s about all of us, and not a specific person and their specific problem they face.

Not everyone’s emergency is mine. That is absolutely true. Just like mine aren’t yours either.

Why do you think the cause of an outcome should play a role in the acceptable response to the outcome if identical outcomes are produced by entirely different causes?

Any citizen over 18 who makes less than 200k single 350k married should get it.
Even you people in the service industry that do not claim your tips.

And another turd joins in the shitposting troll chorus.

And talk about "projecting". That spiel was a massive self-own. Maybe deep down you really recognize that all the time and energy you put into your fake Farmer Brown persona here makes you a directionless loser. Recognizing the problem is the first step in recovery. So maybe there is hope.

That's okay. I'll leave you to wallow in your own ignorance like a pig wallows in shit. You seem happier there.

<Fedor23>

I get the argument that those on EI or welfare aren't really affected from a financial standpoint, because their income is not interrupted. But when I consider that the idea behind this is broader than just getting people some financial aid (goals include keeping people indoors while stimulating the economy through increased demand), it seems to make sense to me to distribute the cash more broadly. Social assistance really doesn't pay that much, so I'm guessing for the majority of people, their homes are rather scarce with good entertainment and perhaps more importantly, small. How much would it suck to be confined to a shit 1 bedroom apartment with a shitty TV and shitty internet (or none at all)? At least they could go out and buy a PS4, some games and low-end but decent TV. That accomplishes all goals, the stimulus improves people's living situations, staying inside becomes more bearable and the money goes right into the economy.

The person you describe. (poor)
You think they should buy a PS4?

I whole heartedly disagree. With all due respect, thats a pretty bad idea.

You can tell Trump supporters are extremely uncomfortable with this plan. It's basically the first significant thing Donny will have done that didn't own the libs. There will be no salty tears to savor. It's weighing on 'em.

This post was not as popular as you were expecting. It also speaks volumes when @tonni is the only one to give it a like.

So I hear everyone's getting 1k. I dunno if it's a one time thing or a monthly thing until this Coronavirus thing gets sorted out.

I also hear only taxpayers get the money and people who don't pay taxes don't get shit.

Should these people also get $1k a month or not?

Of course they should, they're still human beings man lol.

Why pay extra for a lesser performance?

Well, I paid about a G for a MacBook in 2008. It still runs fine, I use it as my music study notebook. It runs all the applications I want, simultaneously, and has never had a virus, etc... Wife’s 2011 laptop still going strong, I’m about to give the iPad Air I’m typing on to my mom and get the pro. The shit works, lasts, and doesn’t get viruses or any other bullshit.

Also, Mac is king in the Audio world and much of the video editing/production world.

Because they're not the same thing. Try to keep up. "Right wing", "conservative", "Republican" might have overlaps but they're not interchangeable...except to people who don't understand what these things actually mean. Which I guess includes you?

Nah, he just knows you're full of shit and your shtick is old and outdated. He's what? the 15th poster to call you out on your fake "I'm a conservative" scheme?

Just fucking stop. It's getting embarrassing at this point.

This post was not as popular as you were expecting. It also speaks volumes when @tonni is the only one to give it a like.

You guys are really obsessed with me lately. Good to know I'm hitting the nerve. <Moves>

Also, anyone posting here in a battle for "likes" needs to reevaluate their life goals. And the fact that you immediately assume I am only proves that you are.

Really nuts that people see this as some kind of reward for having a particular status in life, or a way of protecting their spot in some racial/social hierarchy, and not as a way to help everybody.
Yeah, it’s fucked up honestly.

And we see a little bit of this on the left, even if it’s not as unethical. I’m seeing people want to cut it off at a certain income level and while that makes perfect sense the point still holds - don’t bog it down with targeting.

But yeah, some of these dudes are flat out assholes.

How many hookers and how much blow can you get for a thousand? Asking for a friend

Back