Opinion Should people who don't pay taxes also get $1000?

This is literally one of my willfully unemployed relative's plans if they receive $1000.00, a new Doom Eternal rig. I will be building it for them. No judgment here I just think it is kind of funny that this is what they are going to do with the money.

-----------------------------------
CPU / RAM / Motherboard = 300
GPU = 300
Monitor = 200
SSD = 60
PSU = 75
Doom Eternal = 60
---------------------------------

Axy8xnz.jpg
CPU, RAM and motherboard for 300? get an intel i3, a B365 motherboard and 8GB ddr4 RAM. thats a pretty low end build right there.

People living in cardboard boxes? Illegals? Need something to keep track of who gets it, tax filings seems a decent way.
A voice of reason. They are going to drive around in black Suburbans handing out stacks of cash to random people. If and when this happens, it will be via a check in the mail to the address from which taxes were filed.
As to who get the windfall, it will probably be everyone on the aforementioned list (and no, it's not intentionally starving the homeless who aren't on that list. Homelessness is a separate problem). But I could get behind excluding those who aren't affected directly financially, and that is up for debate. Everyone will be impacted financially in the long term, but many will loose all income right now in quarantine. In my mind that would include millionaires, the military, federal employees, and possibly those already on assistance. I wouldn't say no to $1k, but I'll get paid as a Fed no matter what (and yes, I'm still working during this thing), so skip me and give it to someone else.
But coming up with rules and exceptions takes time and politicizing at a time when response is needed. It will all spur economic activity, which is a positive.

It’s called a Mac FFS, buy one like a civilized human being.

bro, say it ain't so. don't tell me you're a Mac user - I can't, will not believe it ..no, there's no way you'd stoop so low yo.

This desperate troll job is like the equivalent to a drive-by shooting at an empty parking lot.

At least you tried.

Man can you shut up?

I feel guilty these days seeing what Trump's presidency has done to guys like you and Brackis at this point.

The forum is now full of guys like you who are clearly going through actual mental breakdowns.

Shit ain't fun anymore. I'm worried about you and the people around you when you snap.

Why don't all of you TDS assholes just shut the fuck up for a while? If ever there was a time Americans can come together for a common goal it's now and it's killing you fuckwads. You all make the forum a worse place.
So calm and collected.

Who cares?

It's just money.

Let the people eat cake before we start eating each others brains.

Everybody with a brain knows its not going to work like that, and its going to be handouts to everybody.

In a country of 330 million, that's $330 Billion annually, in a crashed economy.

Does anyone else know the causes of past circumstances of hyper inflation? They're remarkably similar to this.

Not to mention all the unintended consequences...

luke.gif
It'll fall on the next Democrat to take office.

@ultramanhyata is not a TDS sufferer. He's just a troll. He'll flip on any position, just to get a rise out of folks.

Whenever he posts, keep this in mind. Outside of calling him out for being a troll, there's no reason to pay attention to anything he posts.

So is a troll accusing sincere posters of trolling some new form of trolling? I continue to learn just how deep the online troll septic tank really goes.

The funniest part is you children pretending you're concerned about the people suffering under the pandemic... In a thread where the OP suggests maybe the very poorest Americans shouldn't receive any relief. Shameless dung beetles, every single one of you.

Could be worse, could be Canada, where our govt is using preexisting systmes such as child tax beefit and tax rebates, which a lot of us hard working upper middle class folks don't get at all.

We pay more taxes and now once again, we get nothing,

That's Trudy's Canada.

The funniest part is you children pretending you're concerned about the people suffering under the pandemic...

@ultramanhyata always projects.

You're in this thread trolling, and then you turn around and claim that others are lacking in concern or care. Astonishing.

It's probably for the best that you just stay here on sherdog and troll. You're clearly no help, and no good to the people around you. I pity anyone unlucky enough to find themselves reliant upon you. Not just during this crisis, but in life. You will inevitably disappoint them and let them down.

So I hear everyone's getting 1k. I dunno if it's a one time thing or a monthly thing until this Coronavirus thing gets sorted out.

I also hear only taxpayers get the money and people who don't pay taxes don't get shit.

Should these people also get $1k a month or not?

Define those that do and don't pay taxes?

Should people drawing Social Security/Disability get checks? No, not really. Likewise people that work part-time for say $100/week spending money shouldnt either, but I imagine that they will in both cases.

If they are going to dump trillions in bail of wallstreet, they damn well should dump trillions in to the "people". How can you even suggest that low income people shouldn't get money at this point?
Because "they didn't build that".
Government bailouts for multimillionaires is great.

Give it to everyone.

It’s not the greatest time to pick and choose who you want to help in this situation. I get not wanting to continue giving to those who do not contribute as much, but save it for non-emergency situations.

What the hell is $1,000 gonna do for anybody? Only positive I see is a small boost to local economies but most people will buy a bunch of shit they don't need off amazon.
Source: I received a bunch of expired crap from a y2k prepper a few months ago that was dying of old age.

Strippers will reap the benefit.

Back