Opinion Should people who don't pay taxes also get $1000?

I did the math and money coming in will allow me to buy a 2016-2018 compact or mid-size sedan (VW Jetta or Passat/Mazda 3/Honda Civic or Accord) outright.

If I save only half of the money.

So.

Fuck it.

I did the math and money coming in will allow me to buy a 2016-2018 compact or mid-size sedan (VW Jetta or Passat/Mazda 3/Honda Civic or Accord) outright.

If I save only half of the money.

So.

Fuck it.

Wow.

You are rolling with it, rather than...fucking CRYING about people getting help..............................

Good man.

I wish more Sherbros with as chill and NON-fucking-dramatic as you.

Wow.

You are rolling with it, rather than...fucking CRYING about people getting help..............................

Good man.

I wish more Sherbros with as chill and NON-fucking-dramatic as you.

According to filing my 2019 taxes, I made so little money that filing was unnecessary. I'm truly in poverty and if not for the support of family and friends during the worst year of my life, I'd probably be dead.

So yeah. I'm not going to complain about money being thrown at me.

Sounds like a good opportunity to gain some traction while the rest of the herd is wounded.
Best wishes for you dude.

According to filing my 2019 taxes, I made so little money that filing was unnecessary. I'm truly in poverty and if not for the support of family and friends during the worst year of my life, I'd probably be dead.

So yeah. I'm not going to complain about money being thrown at me.

Using it wisely is my plan.

I hope it goes smoothly.

Also, I'm sorry that so many of your fellow Sherbros are all about Trump. ReTrumpAgains are THE WORST in terms of their take on
people getting help from the government, etc.

If people are NOT helped...then EVERYONE will pay later to a faaaaaar greater degree than not helping people in the first place.

Australia is giving $1,500 to every person who received welfare before the crisis.

Makes no sense to me, this is not a lack of demand recession, why give more money to people who have no job to lose????

I actually don't get why people object to payouts for pretty much anyone that needs it. People are hurting, already, and this hasn't played itself out yet. It does society no good at all to have huge amounts of its population unable to get basic necessities.

I'm not getting any of this $. I'm older than most here being in my 40's (not all, but most) and my wife and I are way outside the income limits. Even if they hadn't put income limits on it (which would have been stupid) we'd have donated anything we got. We already made a donation to a couple local charities that are trying to help people through this.

Not trying to post Kumbaya bullshit, but FFS if we can't care about other people a LITTLE right now, there's something so wrong that maybe it can't be fixed. And honestly, even if you really don't care about others that hurting, it STILL doesn't benefit you to have massive amounts of people unable to pay their bills. That bleeds over to society in general and the quality of life goes down for ALL of us.

I feel very fortunate that my wife and I can work from home, aren't at risk of losing our jobs, and make very good salaries. And yes, like everyone else I look out for my family first. Maybe it's because I came from a lower income background (wasn't homeless or anything but we did get that government cheese a few times) that I feel this way now even though my financial situation is better than most's. But you don't have to be totally altruistic or anything, just give a SMALL fuck about your fellow human beings.

I actually don't get why people object to payouts for pretty much anyone that needs it. People are hurting, already, and this hasn't played itself out yet. It does society no good at all to have huge amounts of its population unable to get basic necessities.

I'm not getting any of this $. I'm older than most here being in my 40's (not all, but most) and my wife and I are way outside the income limits. Even if they hadn't put income limits on it (which would have been stupid) we'd have donated anything we got. We already made a donation to a couple local charities that are trying to help people through this.

Not trying to post Kumbaya bullshit, but FFS if we can't care about other people a LITTLE right now, there's something so wrong that maybe it can't be fixed. And honestly, even if you really don't care about others that hurting, it STILL doesn't benefit you to have massive amounts of people unable to pay their bills. That bleeds over to society in general and the quality of life goes down for ALL of us.

I feel very fortunate that my wife and I can work from home, aren't at risk of losing our jobs, and make very good salaries. And yes, like everyone else I look out for my family first. Maybe it's because I came from a lower income background (wasn't homeless or anything but we did get that government cheese a few times) that I feel this way now even though my financial situation is better than most's. But you don't have to be totally altruistic or anything, just give a SMALL fuck about your fellow human beings.

You have a very good mentality.

PM me if you make personal donations <Lmaoo>

What the hell is $1,000 gonna do for anybody?

I could buy 15,000 rolls of toilet paper with it.

Or I could be smart and save the money in order to enjoy 15 UFC PPV events, at a later date.

Which would you choose?

Apparently I'll be able to get unemployment even though I'm still allowed to work (Uber/Lyft).

Fuck it. Money is money.
So you got laid off due to the virus? Or were you unemployed before the virus?

I hope the IRS isn't expecting everyone to report this money as additional income next year because ain't nobody gonna remember to do that.

So you got laid off due to the virus? Or were you unemployed before the virus?

I've been doing Uber/Lyft exclusively for two years. The new bill allows gig workers and independent contractors to apply, under the implication that lost wages are drastic throughout the pandemic phase.

I've been doing Uber/Lyft exclusively for two years. The new bill allows gig workers and independent contractors to apply, under the implication that lost wages are drastic throughout the pandemic phase.
So how does that work? you have to fill out a form online or do they just send you a check? this stuff is confusing

So how does that work? you have to fill out a form online or do they just send you a check? this stuff is confusing

I have to file for unemployment. My brother is going to come over and help with it because the forms are beyond my understanding. Despite the bill allowing for gig workers to get benefits, the paperwork is still standard unemployment forms.

I don't know if the forms will be updated or what.

In times like this I'd say go for it. But never any other time. Sadly this is what the lowlife subhuman pond scum leftards want across the board. "Free" stuff for everyone

I have to file for unemployment. My brother is going to come over and help with it because the forms are beyond my understanding. Despite the bill allowing for gig workers to get benefits, the paperwork is still standard unemployment forms.

I don't know if the forms will be updated or what.
thats crazy, they should just give you a check if you are an American citizen who makes under the alotted amount its not like they are giving you 10k.

thats crazy, they should just give you a check if you are an American citizen who makes under the alotted amount its not like they are giving you 10k.

Actually, if my math is correct, they'd be giving me around 25k in the ten month period, including the federal kick-in and stimulus check. A giant chunk of that is state funds, not federal, but still.

He's talking about unemployment, not the stimulus. The stimulus will automatically be sent to those who qualify. Unemployment is something you need to file for, the government otherwise wouldn't know who's still working and who needs it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back