Opinion Should people who don't pay taxes also get $1000?

Are people who are filling out a tax form for the first time this year screwed?
Shouldn't be, since it goes to people who have paid 2018 or 2019 taxes. Unless when they say they're sending it to people who file 2019 taxes, they really mean 2018 taxes filed in 2019. Tax year 2019 is what we're filing.

And imo, even this restriction is a mistake. It should go to everybody. Though it should go to taxpayers first, because that's easy to distribute.

Last edited:
Shouldn't be, since it goes to people filing 2018 or 2019 taxes. Unless when they say they're sending it to people who file 2019 taxes, they really mean 2018 taxes filed in 2019. Tax year 2019 is what we're filing.

That's what they mean, because 2019 taxes aren't even due yet.

That's what they mean, because 2019 taxes aren't even due yet.
But you paid federal taxes in 2019 if you are filing for the first time...which makes you a 2019 taxpayer.

I wonder if the Democrat would give the undocumented migrants the $1000 each

Bottom line is that when you try to means test these things either way, it just makes it take too long and makes it too bureaucratic. Just send the money out to everyone, we all need it as a general rule and it will help stimulate the economy.

I don't know the answer, but I hope they boost unemployment benefits and try to help those that have reduced wages. Even though I"m in a fortunate situation these are hard times for many people out there and I rather the people that are truly in need get the money.

There sholdn't be any free money handouts getting thrown around.

Just fucking get the tests made and do what South Korea did already!! We only have to shut down the country because the government isn't fucking actually solving the crisis.

Instead of actually doing what they need to, they're just throwing around free shit to everyone. WTF!

doesn't everyone pay some sort of tax? Income, sales, etc....
A huge chunk of society pays zero income tax. Sales tax is state or local which most people pay depending on where they live. The problem is states like CA, and IL are so bankrupt with their pensions and waste that they have no money to give back.

Just fucking get the tests made and do what South Korea did already!! We only have to shut down the country because the government isn't fucking actually solving the crisis.

Instead of actually doing what they need to, they're just throwing around free shit to everyone. WTF!

I hear it will be gone by easter

Except they're actually not, unless by everyone you mean Fortune 500 executives.

I don't like the concept of stimulus paychecks in a time when our economy is in recovery mode.

AbsoluteIncompatibleBluefish-max-1mb.gif

However. A $1K is a $1K and I will not object.

Apparently I'll be able to get unemployment even though I'm still allowed to work (Uber/Lyft).

Fuck it. Money is money.

The answer to the question should be derived from the intention of such money.

It serves to keep people fed and maintain the social peace during the crisis. Therefore everyone should get it.

I'm going to buy $1k worth of lottery tickets.

What about underage taxpayers? Do the 16 and 17 year olds working get a check too?

If y'all haven't filed taxes, you really should try to do it soon...this is only going to people who file it appears.

Back