Should Myles Jury have been penalized for timidity?

Nah c'mon he wasn't exactly Kalib Starnes. Machida does the same shit. At least Miles went for takedowns and threw strikes.

nah he was just clueless wtf to do vs cowboy.

Jury was scared, he realized Ceronne was supperior on the ground and hits like a freight train

The unified rules of MMA list of fouls includes "Timidity, including, without limitation, avoiding contact with an opponent", and can result in a point deduction or DQ as with any other foul. This rule seems largely unenforced. Obviously we do not want to penalize good footwork or effective counter fighting, but at what point does this just become running away? If Myles Jury doesn't qualify as running away in the 3rd round what does? Should he have been penalized for timidity? If not, should the rule just be dropped?

I'm sure nobody would have complained about it if the ref deducted a point.

It's fine Cerrone made him pay for it.

Cowboy landed 1.5 significant strikes per minute more than Jury.

That's not 1.5x the strikes......that's one strike and a half

Not 1.5 its was like 2 times as many wasn't it?

Lol, Jury was fighting. He just wasn't getting his way with Cowboy, shit happens.

Sig 37 v 15.
Tot 54 v 17.

From fight metric and i recall seeing that stat on the ppv as well.

Which almost 2.5x for significant strikes and over 3x for total strikes advantage to Cerrone. Aside from that the original point was flawed. If Jury wasn't disengaging so much, there would have been more strikes on both sides.

And it wasn't a great showing from Jury but what can he really do? The dude was outmatched.

he looked hurt from something and tried to buy time to recover.

Glad cowboy put him in his place, Jury's comments after the Sanchez fight was way cocky, I guess to him outclassing Sanchez is something incredible

Glad cowboy put him in his place, Jury's comments after the Sanchez fight was way cocky, I guess to him outclassing Sanchez is something incredible
Outclassing Sanchez may not be incredible, but convincing the judges that this was what actually happened is certainly an accomplishment.

I dont understand why hes getting so much crap. He was overmatched and its early in his career. Wasnt like he did a clay guida vs maynard impression or did cartwheels like shinya aoki

Agree he needed to come down a few pegs.

Back