Should Lauren Murphy get the next TS?

RayA

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I don't like her personality or her fights, but one thing I find odd is how Dana seems wishy-washy on who to give the next shot to.
She's on a 5 fight win streak which is nearly unheard of for non champs in the UFC's WMMA, especially in Flyweight where Valentina has all but eaten the entire division.

What say you Sherdog? Shall you look past your indifference to admit she should get the next shot?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bj...nst-valentina-shevchenko-says-dana-white/?amp

I couldn‘t name you five female FLW‘s. I dont even know whos ranked cause I dont give a fuck about that weightclass. Though I enjoy Vals fights.

So yeah. Give it to Murphey, I guess.

2,3,4 are all bellator, and she's 5/6... I wouldn't be opposed. Maia lost, Caulderwood lost.... that's all the ladies in the UFC in the top 10 because 4 of 'em are Bellator, so by defaut basically.... yup...

Andrade just got TKO'd, CHook could use 1 more to make it 3 in a row, and Murphy has put what - 5-6 in a row?

Is it competitive against 'bullet'? -- heh, I'll let you form your own opinion on that and awkwardly exit the thread with a shitty grin on my face.

I’m down for Valentina to add more defenses. So yeah, who else deserves it more?

Val already destroyed literally everyone else in the division who could remotely be considered a contender, so yeah of course it should be Murphy. And she'll get absolutely destroyed too. But at least she'll have her title shot and it will be a fresh matchup and another title defense for Shevchenko.

Not many fighters can put together a win streak in that division. I don't think she has any shot at all given that she couldn't even stand with Calderwood and muscled takedowns, something she for sure can't do to Valentina. What did Maia have like one fight win streak and took she shot from Calerwood who only had one win?

There aren't any obvious number one contenders, and Murphy has earned the shot. Personally I thought Calderwood deserved the decision, but a win is a win.

Shevchenko will most likely eat Murphy alive, but that's the nature of having a dominant champ in a shallow division. There are a few good prospects on their way up, but they are all a few wins away from even thinking about a title shot. With the WFLW landscape the way it is, Murphy gets the next shot.

Sure why not, let Valentina stat pad a bit

There aren't any obvious number one contenders, and Murphy has earned the shot. Personally I thought Calderwood deserved the decision, but a win is a win.

Shevchenko will most likely eat Murphy alive, but that's the nature of having a dominant champ in a shallow division. There are a few good prospects on their way up, but they are all a few wins away from even thinking about a title shot. With the WFLW landscape the way it is, Murphy gets the next shot.
Any prospect in particular you think may become a serious threat for Valentina?

Look, in a division so shallow... 4 straight should do it. keep the wheels turning let them build their div.

Any prospect in particular you think may become a serious threat for Valentina?
Maybe Miranda Maverick, maybe Manon Fiorot, maybe Taila Santos.

Tough to say. Shevchenko has looked so dominant and those prospects still have a lot to prove. She might have a very long title reign.

Back