Should Jones even be #2 p4p?

Superman Elbow

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I think if we really compared his last fights (since p4p means current) we would say that his striking was no where near as good as for example Whittaker (let alone Izzy), and his grappling...well...I don't even really know how we can rank that compared to other fighters these days because he almost completely avoids the ground now, so I guess we can say he still has tdd and gnp when he needs it but there haven't been high level transitions and scrambles from jon in a long time. I guess I just don't see the magic that everyone else sees.

P4P is a what have you done for me lately more than a career ranking. Bones doesn't seem to get this. Fact is his last 3 performances all mediocre, 2 against failed MWs. Many thought he lost to Santos and Reyes was a robbery

Pacquiao would be far and away P4P #1 in boxing if it weighed your whole career but it doesn't

Izzy should be 2 and honestly Usman has been more dominant than Bones for a while and Masvidal > Ferreira > Santos > Smith

When Cejudo comes back b/c he will he should also be ranked higher

How would he be behind Whitaker and Adesanya? He would murder them in the cage as of right now

How would he be behind Whitaker and Adesanya? He would murder them in the cage as of right now
P4P means skillwise, like not just about your size. So P4P khabibs Lbs are more skilled than jones lbs lol

Jones' most boring fights are arguably better than GSP's most exciting ones, except Hughes.Those were just magnificent.

What are you smoking? St.-Pierre vs. Condit was much more exciting than Jones vs. Smith.

I think if we really compared his last fights (since p4p means current) we would say that his striking was no where near as good as for example Whittaker (let alone Izzy), and his grappling...well...I don't even really know how we can rank that compared to other fighters these days because he almost completely avoids the ground now, so I guess we can say he still has tdd and gnp when he needs it but there haven't been high level transitions and scrambles from jon in a long time. I guess I just don't see the magic that everyone else sees.

I agree with every word...he has literally become one of the most boring fighters to watch...all he does is throw a few leg kicks per round...that's all he does. his wrestling is gone. his striking is total shit. not sure what happened to him.

P4P means skillwise, like not just about your size. So P4P khabibs Lbs are more skilled than jones lbs lol
This is incurable. People will always have the logic that whomever would win in a fight is P4P or GOAT. So GSP couldn't be GOAT bc Jones woud beat him. So basically this logic is so stupid, then Arlovsji is higher on the list bc he beats GSP and MM. The single dumbest logic that is CONSTANTLY brought up in these threads. Basically anybody in a lower weight class can never be considered. Logic is brilliant, right?!?!?! Yet there will be atleast 2-3 more threads about this by the end of the week

Jones would not be nearly as good without his side advantage. He has had trouble with taller opponents multiple times.

you don't need to see magic, you just need to see his record

The belt holders should get the higher spot. At least Adesanya, Usman, Stipe. Plus Jon didn't beat Reyes, the majority said it was 3-2 Reyes, and then he vacated his belt instead of giving another title shot to Reyes, that's even worse, not even mention the other things.

Nope it should be the last gender bender, then Stipe then jones. Reyes beat jones everybody knows it.

gender bender performed terrible against romero

jones performed terrible against reyes and santos

stipe fought out of prime dc 3 times but ducked ngannou for a rematch

all of them have stains on their record but if i have to say izzy get a nod

Back