Should Jon get an Instant Rematch should DC win this?

nomade7

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I was thinking..
A few fighters in LHW are 1 fight away from a title shot.
Two of them are fighting each other - Gus and Johnson, and Phil Davis arguably one fight away too.

What happens if DC wins this, and Gus wins his bout vs. Johnson?
Who do you think should get the chance to fight DC first?
Should Jon fight Gus for the title shot? Or get an instant rematch with DC?
Does it matter HOW DC wins? If he wins this convincingly vs. A split decision, for example - Does it effect who will he fight next?

I think in this case, an instant rematch is pretty necessary. Most dominant champ
in LHW history, 1st (real) loss in his career - This calls for an instant rematch.
On the other hand, my heart goes for Gus here. Poor man.

So you saw thread about this but decided to make new one instead of posting in already created thread?

Nope. He didn't play ball on 151. Let him fight loser of Gus/AJ.

If he gets dominated he shouldn't. If its a close decision maybe.

He wouldn't give Gus a rematch, why should DC grant him one?

Seeing that JBJ has been champ for a while, I'll say that if its close then yes. If he get dominated , no, but he would be just 1 fight away.

Depends on how he loses. If he gets KO'd or dominated every round, then no.

He'll get one. No one deserves an immediate rematch(unless there is controversy), but everyone else seems to get one so you have to assume the same for JJ.

I hope not. Immediate rematches are for draws and controversial fights.

I hope not. Immediate rematches are for draws and controversial fights.

They are, but for the UFC they're for cash grabs lol.

Fucking fans eat it up. "He deserves it!", no it's a cash grab and they say crap to justify

I imagine if he lost he'd get one regardless of whether it was a close fight or not. Personally I'd give him one if it was somewhat close, just because of how long he's reigned the division. If utter domination or anything I'd say 1 more fight before first (loser of Gus/Rumble as someone mentioned) with the winner of Gus/Rumble getting the first shot at Cormier if he won.

I think DC should fight for the title against Gus if he beats Jones, unless AJ wins the title. Jones will have lost to DC and gus so back to the bottom of the pile.

Lmao at people saying no

he's only the most dominating LHW Champ ever....Nah let's not get give him an immediate rematch. He actually deserves one unlike people like Renan Barao and Johny Hendricks

depends the way he loses
if its a split dec, maybe
if he gets submitted or Koed no way, put DC vs Gus

Back