Should John Dodson Move Back to BantamWeight? GOAT potential?

Funkasaurus

Purple Belt
Reaction score
How many people can say they knocked out the champ of the weight above them?

Always liked Dodson, rare to see a little man with that much power, the fight with DJ was close but he can get some easy gold around his waist at BW and then set-up a rematch with DJ to officially become a GOAT contender

I'm not exaggerating here, after JBJ and Nurmagomedov, Dodson has the best chance of becoming champ of 2 weight classes

How many people can say they knocked out the champ of the weight above them?

Always liked Dodson, rare to see a little man with that much power, the fight with DJ was close but he can get some easy gold around his waist at BW and then set-up a rematch with DJ to officially become a GOAT contender

I'm not exaggerating here, after JBJ and Nurmagomedov, Dodson has the best chance of becoming champ of 2 weight classes

Anderson did the same. At the end of the say though fighters progress & sometimes there are fighters in a higher weight division who match up better to your skills. Dodson should stick to his weight class because he wasn't far from DJ. If he beats him in the future then a move up could be worthwhile.

Even ignoring their previous fight I still think Dodson has a better shot at beating Dillashaw than he does at beating Mighty Mouse.

A big part of TJ beating Barao was his speed advantage. He wouldn't have that against Dodson. Dodson also has great defensive wrestling. I could definitely see him finishing TJ again.

lol goat, go back to the wasteland clown.

Anderson did the same. At the end of the say though fighters progress & sometimes there are fighters in a higher weight division who match up better to your skills. Dodson should stick to his weight class because he wasn't far from DJ. If he beats him in the future then a move up could be worthwhile.

eh, Forrest was an ex-champ on the decline, TJ is on the same level as he was back in 2011

Dodson was wrecking BW last time he was up there and the division is pretty thin, he could get a shot pretty quick

Yes. I don't think he'll ever beat MM. He's just too fast. At least TJ is slower and easier to hit. And dodson's punch can knock out a horse.

eh, Forrest was an ex-champ on the decline, TJ is on the same level as he was back in 2011

Dodson was wrecking BW last time he was up there and the division is pretty thin, he could get a shot pretty quick

He was one fight removed from the belt lol - Don't be that guy dude. I do think Dodson has a top shot of taking out Dillashaw at BW. I wouldn't call it thin though - Virtually everyone of Sherdog saw Dillashaw as a record padder prior to fighting Barao - This place, more than anywhere I've seen changes their views so quickly with hindsight.

TJ was a 4-0 wrestler with one year of MMA under his belt in 2011. You really make the dumbest threads.

I would actually be curious in seeing Mighty Mouse vs. TJ Dillashaw, with Mighty Mouse attempting to become a two-division champion.

With that said, Dodson would pose problems for Dillashaw as well, but you would have to look at it as a new fight that would execute differently.

GTFO...Forrest last fight before Anderson was his title defense against Rashad, Ex-champ on the decline lol

Anderson destroyed everybody in his win streak(except Chael 1), dont diminish his accomplishments because he made Forrest Quit

GTFO...Forrest last fight before Anderson was his title defense against Rashad, Ex-champ on the decline lol

Anderson destroyed everybody in his win streak(except Chael 1), dont diminish his accomplishments because he made Forrest Quit

I like Anderson and I like Forrest but the Real Forrest Griffin never set foot in the Octagon again after losing his title

I would actually be curious in seeing Mighty Mouse vs. TJ Dillashaw, with Mighty Mouse attempting to become a two-division champion.

With that said, Dodson would pose problems for Dillashaw as well, but you would have to look at it as a new fight that would execute differently.

Mouse / Dodson vs Barao could be interesting fights too, #1 contender type deals

You do realize that if Dodson wins his upcoming fight he's probably getting another crack at the Flyweight title don't you?

I like Anderson and I like Forrest but the Real Forrest Griffin never set foot in the Octagon again after losing his title

Mouse / Dodson vs Barao could be interesting fights too, #1 contender type deals

After losing his title or after getting embarrassed by Anderson?

I'd love to see Dodson at BW taking on Dillashaw. I think obviously there has been a TON of evolution since the TUF days, and I think the UFC would have a lot to market with that fight. Fingers crossed it happens.

Well considering it was Herb 'stop the fight early' Dean, I'd like to see a rematch with Big John ref or Mario Yamasaki

He wasn't KOed, his eyes didn't roll back. He knocked him off his feet and Dodson landed only two ground and pound that weren't even flush shots and stupid Herb couldn't help himself
Herb gets way too much credit - mainly from Dana and only Dana

Back