Should Jessamyn Duke retire or move to a new training camp?

Go fight in Asia. Maybe Team Date has someone she can beat. Maybe.

I can see it now.
12 year old Karen DATE vs Jessamyn Duke

I honestly don't know who the betting favorite would be.
I think Karen might have better standup and ground game than Jessamyn.

karen_d.jpg

Another possibility is REAL DATE (sometimes written as 真理 DATE or Mari DATE)

mari.jpg
a-real-prof2.jpg

Last edited:
Poor Jessamyn Duke. Gotta be a tough place to be. If she continues fighting, she probably won't be making much money. Once you've got that reputation as a "losing" fighter, not many orgs are going to offer much money. And even if your skills improve, other fighters won't want to fight you as they will be worried that they might lose to a "losing" fighter. Then, THEIR stock goes down. If I were in her shoes, I certainly wouldn't try to train and compete full-time. Well, unless she has a sugar daddy or is independently wealthy. Otherwise, I'd be finding a job/career path and then just train and fight in my free time. Spending prime years of life scraping and scrounging to be a fighter may not be the best plan for the future.

I can see it now.
12 year old Karen DATE vs Jessamyn Duke

I honestly don't know who the betting favorite would be.
I think Karen might have better standup and ground game than Jessamyn.

karen_d.jpg

Another possibility is REAL DATE (sometimes written as 真理 DATE or Mari DATE)

mari.jpg
a-real-prof2.jpg

Since Jessamyn was a model before she got into MMA, she could always try her luck in Japan starring in commercials and putting over the local MMA prospects. Bob Sapp could give her pointers on how to get paid without taking a lot of damage. :rolleyes:

Why don't you kick her dog while you are at it?

No shit. Fer gadssake, dude. Cut the woman a little slack. She puts her heart into what she does. She's an attractive woman. At least she's out there giving it a go. She never made any outlandish claims. I hope her path in life only gets better from here.

As long as she has the will to fight, I say keep going on. One of the women she beat - Marcea Allen - is still fighting. Maybe she is just fighting at too high a level.

Does she get offered another fight? Invicta should cut ties until if/when she gets back on a win streak

Have they fired a fighter before?
I'm pretty sure they didn't, if you are a woman and you want to fight, despite of your shitty record or poor technique, Invicta will give you a spot. I have to give them props for that

I hope she ends up in Kunlun or ROAD somehow. Yanan Wu needs a win over an American.

wasn't she a model before she fought?

Fitness model.

Honestly, I think she should go into pro wrestling. Unlike Shayna, she has a great 'look' for the theatrical aspect of wrasslin' (tall, pretty, chiseled physique, tatted up) and I suspect the WWE would be interested in her as a developmental prospect (particularly if Ronda put in a good word for her).

Duke is tall for no reason, she's fkin tall as fuck for a 135er, she's even taller then most 135er in the ufc. She don't even use her reach. Btw, to the guys saying fight in Asia, she don't need to fight in Asia, she just need to fight at a lower lvl mma organization. Like king of the cage or some shit. It doesn't even matter about the organization. She mostly needs to fight girls who have similar records to her. Or maybe she can try kickboxing. But if she don't use her reach then gg.

Yeah, I have no idea. Maybe try a different camp? She's such a tall fighter in her division, but doesn't learn how to use your jab properly and keep distance. Work on strengthening her midsection since she falls pretty easy to body shots.

Five in a row is a tough spot.

Not too many people come back from dropping five in a row. I cannot think of any, but there may be.

Those team dates r good looking ;) but there like 105, 115 division. Duke is 135.

You're right man. Duke doesn't stand a chance against them.

Back