should JDS retire?

Round the clock nursing care for martial arts dementia and alzheimers is expensive tho.
I dont think its the amount of damage you eat that does that to you. I think it's how your brain heals from that damage. Some guys get punch drunk from 1 KO or training recreationally. Other guys are completely fine after 20 KOs.

I think JDS is done. But if he wants he can fight once more, however he should retire (Brain Damage).

Both looked beyond average.

I hope he goes and stays gone , dont want him to do a Fedor

Fedor is better right now, at 43, than JDS is at 35. If they fought tomorrow Fedor would win... That's how badly and quickly JDS has deteriorated.

Lead uppercuts lol didn't this clown say he could be boxing heavyweight champ? USADA really did a number on his physique too.

he is morphing into Big Nog, now he could be like an ancient relic ...brought out on the local cards

He is only 35 years old . He would make a good gate keeper for the young guys.

He is finished at the top though. He probably should stay away from the top 10 list fighters

Look at this white belt thinking he knows what he's talking about.

Wait...what....2005? Nvm.

Fedor despite having a lot more fights has way less brain damage. Regarding wear and tear both should be at the more or less same point maybe Fedor a lot more but the brain is JDS big problem. The Cain fights got him more damage in that regard than most fighters accumulate in their whole career.

Yes agreed but as they say you gotta know when to hang em up

These guys live fighting and making the money and keep going and going

Hope JDS doesn't end up really really bad he seems to be a great guy and has his whole life ahead of him

Fedor has been kod a few times now and has had a lot of fights so you don't know how he is going to be in 10 years

several years ago, when he was winning fights regularly, he he was much leaner, and his movement much better. today, he is like most heavyweights, and plods around the octagon looking for one heavy shot. If he doesn't retire, and there is a good argument he should, he needs to drop 20lbs, and get a whole lot faster, a little like he used to be

He can still beat many HWs but I don't think he should be facing Top 5 guys. Give him Sakai (#13) next.

Maybe after a decent win against a lower ranked opponent? Ima miss him when he does quit the fight game tho

As a huge JDS fan the answer is ABSOLUTELY; those Cain fights changed him dramatically

Yes, he’s a nice guy, he looked slow and hesitant..he should spend time with family and pursuing other interests...

Yes,
“I have the best boxing in UFC” has a real, “they never met an opponent like me” emptiness to it.
Cue the Rocky theme song

Fedor is better right now, at 43, than JDS is at 35. If they fought tomorrow Fedor would win... That's how badly and quickly JDS has deteriorated.

When is the last time Fedor beat a relevant hw?

The beatings he took from Cain are two of the worst in MMA history. These literally ended his career.

He's been running on fumes and delusion ever since. And I'm a huge Cigano fan.

He is only 35 years old . He would make a good gate keeper for the young guys.

He is finished at the top though. He probably should stay away from the top 10 list fighters

+1

I do miss the JDS before fighting Cain. He'd be very competitive now.

Back