Opinion Should it be legal for a former president to remove sensitive documents from the white house?

Oddmonster

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Forget about Trump for a second.

Just consider - should it be legal to remove documents from the white house when your turn as president ends? Should it be legal to remove documents you do not want the next sitting president to have?

It is probably best for a president to not be able to remove any documents until they have been thoroughly gone through to make sure no highly sensitive information gets miss handled.

No, it shouldn’t. However I have a really hard time believing he is the only one to do so especially after having people like Bill Clinton and George Bush Jr/Sr with all the crap they pulled.
Republicans went absolutely shitnuts over Clinton getting a blowjob. If they had any suspicion, let alone proof, that he removed documents, the meltdown would have been nuclear.

Add to that - No other president has bragged that he removed confidential documents but Trump.

No unless it's personal papers. Any official documents should remain under government control.

But I'm going to bet it's done all the time well we know it's is as Killerey did with the emails and she was not the first for sure.

No unless it's personal papers. Any official documents should remain under government control.

But I'm going to bet it's done all the time well we know it's is as Killerey did with the emails and she was not the first for sure.
I don't think you have really understood what the Hillary email case was about. She did NOTHING illegal. Republicans sifted through all the emails, and none of them were sensitive. Seriously - read up on the case. When I did, I was surprised that it is still being mentioned.

Back