Law Should innocent people’s DNA be put in a national database?

I've already had to be fingerprinted without committing crimes, this seems like the same thing.

Extremely scary stuff. They have already solved 40 year old cases where a family member does 23 and me or whatever gene testing, that info gets sold to the police database, then they can track the person, find out if they have any family that could be potential suspects, then boom, arrested.

A better question is how easy will it be to get a warrant for the employees at the health care facility where the woman in a coma was raped and gave birth.

I once had a police officer try and convince me it was in my best interest to submit to a blood test after a catastrophic accident to prove I was not intoxicated.

There should be mandatory paternity tests too as long as we all gotta be in the database. Use it for some good

There should be mandatory paternity tests too as long as we all gotta be in the database. Use it for some good
They say upwards of 15% of men are raising a child they were led to believe was his when it's someone else's genes.

Happened to my buddy only he waited until after the second kid to have a paternity test and he found out the first kid was some othere dudes and the second was actually his, fucked for life...

They say upwards of 15% of men are raising a child they were led to believe was his when it's someone else's genes.

Happened to my buddy only he waited until after the second kid to have a paternity test and he found out the first kid was some othere dudes and the second was actually his, fucked for life...

Right. There are upsides to things like everyone's DNA being in a database.

In France, I think it's illegal to get a DNA test of your kid to see if he/she is really yours or not.
If this wasn't in favor of women I'm sure women's groups would be protesting, now - silence.

Stop spreading all that dangerous misinformation

zf7pr3x.png

I'm sorry, you were saying something?

zf7pr3x.png

I'm sorry, you were saying something?

Yes, I was giving a friendly jab toward someone who just the other day argued that we should regulate misinformation to cut down on cts and wrong think. I was surprised to see him floating a cloning ct.

Yep. Everyone's DNA should be collected at birth.

I think you guys underestimate how many people get away with murder. This would help solve so many cases.

Lmao

You mother fuckers are gleefully volunteering up your DNA.

GSK announced they merged with 23andMe...

I hope all yalls insurance companies get ahold of your DNA and base your premiums off that.

It already is but hey you get to find out that you're 0.00000000000001% Sub Saharan African

The ship has pretty much sailed since more and more people are volunteering their DNA for genealogy tests. They'll find you by process of elimination using your relatives' submissions. Unless we pass a law saying cops can't just go fishing in there. Seems unlikely.

Yes, i have no issue with it.

Its not like personal data that can be used to follow your behaviour and patterns of movement.

This was a conspiracy theory, but it is happening right now. I am not sure what percent of Americans even know about this. And how can this be legal?

The state of California is putting innocent people’s DNA in a national database for law enforcement. Specifically, two groups allege California collects DNA from people arrested but never convicted of crimes.

In addition, the state uploads DNA test results into a national database known as the Combined DNA Index System (CODIS), Reason states. Moreover, most data remains in CODIS indefinitely....

https://www.offthegridnews.com/privacy/state-innocent-peoples-dna-database/

Fucking California.
What country do you live in?

Hell fucking no. I would only be open to the worst kind of repeat offenders being in any kind of database.

In France, I think it's illegal to get a DNA test of your kid to see if he/she is really yours or not. If your girl has a kid that looks chinese, you gotta pretend that she didn't cheat on you and pay for the kid.
Not heard particularly much of the laws in France but if that's right, that's pretty messed up!

Back