Should I watch Hanshaw/Dirrell.......

Yeah, he did. Its what Roy Jones should have done last year.

I was the first to start a Dirrell nuthugger thread here and said he will be the best pro career of all the '04 olympians. Then I thought 'wait a minute, what about kahn?', but then i said 'naw fuckit definately Dirrell'. The kid is brilliant I've seen it first-hand he has more skills than kahn, yeah i said it.

RJJ is a legitimate top 10(maybe top 5) light heavyweight. I don't care what anybody tells me Jones still beats brahmer and erdei and those fucks 9 times out of 10. Hanshaw stepped up in weight and, in my opinion, deserved the nod against Jones. Jones couldn't do shit that fight. So now this kid with 15 fights beats the shit out of hanshaw and you don't want to give him credit for taking the next step in his career impressively. Why?

Because Hansaw is utter garbage and Roy beat him about 10 rounds to 2 and all but knocked him out in the last round. You're wise to not worry about what anyone else says, because if you did your feet would probably be swigning over some tree roots.

Was away all weekend but I did get to see the fight on friday. For once Andre looked to attack and showed some nice work inside that lead to the knock out. He should face Jaidon Codrington or Sakio Bika would be a great next opponent

I'd like to see either one of those fights and if Dirrell brought his 'A' game, they'd be exciting fights.

Was away all weekend but I did get to see the fight on friday. For once Andre looked to attack and showed some nice work inside that lead to the knock out. He should face Jaidon Codrington or Sakio Bika would be a great next opponent

Jaidon would get murdered.

I don't think Dirrell is ready for Bika yet. Bika will be like Hanshaw was in the first round except he'll be like that for at least 8 of the 10 rounds. I don't think its a good career move to go into a fight like that. Not yet...maybe two fights down the road.

I thought Dirrell's handlers knew exactly what they were doing putting him in there with Hanshaw at this time.

Kinda like Andre Ward's last fight with Ruben Willams. The timing was perfect and so was the setting.

Jaidon would get murdered.

I don't think Dirrell is ready for Bika yet. Bika will be like Hanshaw was in the first round except he'll be like that for at least 8 of the 10 rounds. I don't think its a good career move to go into a fight like that. Not yet...maybe two fights down the road.

I thought Dirrell's handlers knew exactly what they were doing putting him in there with Hanshaw at this time.

Kinda like Andre Ward's last fight with Ruben Willams. The timing was perfect and so was the setting.

Who would be a good matchup for Dirrell?

I think Jaidon would be a good one. He has a little bit of mainstream appeal and I think he would look good knocking Jaidon out. I think thats what he needs, some impressive wins against fringe contenders(no pun intended :icon_chee) on Showtime-HBO-ESPN.

He's been brought along pretty slow and truthfully its probably for the good. There are some killers in the division.

What do you think?

Allan Green would be ideal, you know he'd take it in a heartbeat. I heard that Jeff Lacy has refused to fight Green, so maybe we can get a Dirrell/Green match up.

Allan Green would be ideal, you know he'd take it in a heartbeat. I heard that Jeff Lacy has refused to fight Green, so maybe we can get a Dirrell/Green match up.

seems a bit early to be fighting green.

I'd like to see him in there agains Manfredo, Tsypko, perhaps Andrade.

seems a bit early to be fighting green.

I'd like to see him in there agains Manfredo, Tsypko, perhaps Andrade.

Agree with everything with Manfredo and Tsypko but not Green and Andrade.

I think Andrade would give him problems. I'd stay away from Green for now.

Why do you guys think that Green is better than Andrade? Andrade has beaten better people and lost to Kessler who is better than Miranda.

Green is yet to have a signature win, and Andrade has beaten a few top 10 guys.

I think Green v Dirrell would be the most boring, ugly fight...possibly eva.

Because Hansaw is utter garbage and Roy beat him about 10 rounds to 2 and all but knocked him out in the last round. You're wise to not worry about what anyone else says, because if you did your feet would probably be swigning over some tree roots.

10-2? fo real?? Any way you look at it, Hanshaw won a few rounds against a top 10 lightheavy and got dominated and stopped by smw Dirrell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back