Should I sue?

Let it go and watch where you’re walking next time.

Aren't you a police officer? Come back with your buddies and shoot everyone and say they were "resisting."

If the tanker operator was at fault for not properly sealing the cover, then you can go after the oil/gas company. Talk about deep pockets

You arent a real american until you've sued someone out of existence

Should of hit that mark ass manager with the tazer
What kind of cop are you bro!?

Definitely sue then send the video to America's funniest home videos. Win win situation.

Only a bitch would sue.
Let it go
Or
Go back and steal the man hole cover, then you have a funny story

Let it go and watch where you’re walking next time.
I wonder if you'd say the same thing if you drive through there and the front end of your car got damaged for thousands of dollars.

i aint a sue happy type of guy
but yes, u should sue

Get a competent lawyer to sue and you'd get millions, not just a few coupons. When you win your millions, be sure to sure some with me. Thanks!!

If you got hurt and have to miss work I would say sue for loss of wages and medical bills, but if all you got was a little bruise and you're not hurt, then no don't sue. Corporate or not imo it's scummy on a moral level to overly sue.

I'm not sure whats funnier...

Picturing a guy falling into a man hole and getting his head knocked by the oil pan of the car that decides to just drive right over him or the fact that the gas station attendant thought you were just bitching because the man hole cover wasn't installed to your own personal specs?

On Thursday, I had gone to a sheetz gas station, where I made a purchase, and then filled up the tires of my son’s bike. As I was walking across the parking lot, I stepped on a metal cover that was over where the gas trucks deliver the fuel to the station. The metal manhole-like cover collapsed and I fell into the hole. It was only about three feet, but I took a hard fall, hitting my thigh on the inside of the cement hole, hitting my head on the pavement, and then landing on my back. I had back surgery only a few months ago. A car also almost hit me as I lay there, but was able to stop in time.

I have a nasty bruise on my thigh, some back inflammation, but that is about it. I also ruined my new shoes, as they landed in some muck at the bottom of the hole. When I spoke to the manager about it, he accompanied me to the grate, put it back in place and said “there, it is fixed.” I looked at him in disbelief. Not even an apology.

my wife thinks we should contact corporate, but I don’t fee like getting some sheetz coupons in the mail.

what say you?

What state are you in, can you sue for damages like these in small claims there? You could for the shoes bit I'm not sure about the pain and suffering.

I would first understand what your recourse is then contact the owner. Tell them what happened and how much you want. Give him a choice to you you or go to small claims court.

As soon as I saw the thread title (Before I read the thread) I was reminded of the time I fell into a manhole. Very similar situation. I was leaving college night class and walked across the parking lot. It was winter and a snow plow had knocked a manhole cover off. I did not see the hole because it was dark and I fell in, hitting my shin on the edge. I have a permanent indent in my leg. I did not sue.

Sue? Why don’t you arrest them bud?

I am about to retire. I will never wear the uniform again. The back surgery was the end. Just waiting for one more doctor visit in two weeks. Then he rules on permanent disability and I medically retire. If that would somehow not happen, and one of the disqualifiers for active duty is a spinal fusion, I will resign and take all the money I put into my pension, around 100k, and invest it. I am already taking classes to get my masters and will go from there. Probably teach higher education. No more arrests in my future.

What state are you in, can you sue for damages like these in small claims there? You could for the shoes bit I'm not sure about the pain and suffering.

I would first understand what your recourse is then contact the owner. Tell them what happened and how much you want. Give him a choice to you you or go to small claims court.

I live in WV. It is a sue happy state. A woman got millions because a shoplifter running from the store ran her over. Another woman got millions when a piece of ice fell on her. I won’t sue. It was only a bruise. A deep one that hurts, maybe all the way down to the bone, but it will heal. My back is ok, which was my biggest concern. The woman that almost hit me, once she was sure I was ok, laughed hysterically. I was mostly pissed that the manager was seemingly unconcerned.

Back