Should I sue?

On Thursday, I had gone to a sheetz gas station, where I made a purchase, and then filled up the tires of my son’s bike. As I was walking across the parking lot, I stepped on a metal cover that was over where the gas trucks deliver the fuel to the station. The metal manhole-like cover collapsed and I fell into the hole. It was only about three feet, but I took a hard fall, hitting my thigh on the inside of the cement hole, hitting my head on the pavement, and then landing on my back. I had back surgery only a few months ago. A car also almost hit me as I lay there, but was able to stop in time.

I have a nasty bruise on my thigh, some back inflammation, but that is about it. I also ruined my new shoes, as they landed in some muck at the bottom of the hole. When I spoke to the manager about it, he accompanied me to the grate, put it back in place and said “there, it is fixed.” I looked at him in disbelief. Not even an apology.

my wife thinks we should contact corporate, but I don’t fee like getting some sheetz coupons in the mail.

what say you?
Go to the doctors and get checked first. If you have any legit injuries then pursue legal action or even a complaint. If you have minor injuries that will heal up then let it go, be happy that it's not anything serious and forget about that manager, he's probably miserable anyway. Stuff like this happens all the time and from what you described I'd say you got lucky only getting a few bruises and messing up your new shoes. No biggie

I'd quit doing anything physically taxing in public, and sue the ever loving shit out of them

You’ll never be whole again with that inner thigh bruise.
It's the possible complications of a recent back surgery I'd be worried about. That stuff might not show up for a week or two.

Edit: I know you were just busting balls, but a messed up back is a serious deal.

Put some Tussin on it you pussy

It's the possible complications of a recent back surgery I'd be worried about. That stuff might not show up for a week or two.

Edit: I know you were just busting balls, but a messed up back is a serious deal.

back, knee, & hip surgeries are the worst from what I hear.

b89471e7d90b58072f8be73d04d0d1f3.gif
That’s obviously fake.

Ben Carson doesn’t curse.

On Thursday, I had gone to a sheetz gas station, where I made a purchase, and then filled up the tires of my son’s bike. As I was walking across the parking lot, I stepped on a metal cover that was over where the gas trucks deliver the fuel to the station. The metal manhole-like cover collapsed and I fell into the hole. It was only about three feet, but I took a hard fall, hitting my thigh on the inside of the cement hole, hitting my head on the pavement, and then landing on my back. I had back surgery only a few months ago. A car also almost hit me as I lay there, but was able to stop in time.

I have a nasty bruise on my thigh, some back inflammation, but that is about it. I also ruined my new shoes, as they landed in some muck at the bottom of the hole. When I spoke to the manager about it, he accompanied me to the grate, put it back in place and said “there, it is fixed.” I looked at him in disbelief. Not even an apology.

my wife thinks we should contact corporate, but I don’t fee like getting some sheetz coupons in the mail.

what say you?

I have a feeling that you're going to wake up tomorrow morning in terrible, debilitating pain in your back from the fall & get yourself to the ER immediately so that you have a record of just how damaging the fall was. Then, you're going to follow up with your primary & the surgeon who worked on your back last year. You're also going to contact either your own personal attorney or one of those "Hurt in a fall?" lawyers that advertise everywhere & have them contact Sheetz corporate office for you to inform them of how badly you were hurt & humiliated by the fall.
Seriously, get the ball rolling on this asap. You could have been crippled or killed. So, get what you can out of them.
I stepped into a posthole while out running that had been left unfilled in by state highway workers back in 1992 which tore my knee up & required me to have surgery & I received a high five figures settlement from the state two years later. I'd been preparing to spar with Roberto Duran for two of his fights in September & December of that year so I recouped the money that I was supposed to earn for that plus more for pain & suffering & they paid all of my medical bills as well.
I could have gotten more too had I not been pissed off & impatient & gone to trial but that injury basically ended my career in the ring & I was out of work for the better part of a year because of it so I needed money fast. So, I had my attorney negotiate the settlement.
So, by all means, get something for your troubles, my friend.

Nah. I think you should heal up and then lay hands on that manager next time after he locks the store up for the night

You need witnesses and pics (time stamped preferably) Good luck.

he's a cop & can easily get your IP address. why do you think all the users that have previously fucked with @nhbbear, are all "gone" now?

RIP in peace yo

lol just lol, make some grunting noises and toss a few wee pebbles his way and he'll beat the feet

Where theres blame, theres a claim.

Contact a no win no fee solicitor, get doctors reports of injury, try to get witnesses, cctv footage. Solicitors file a claim, their (gas station) insurance company pay up.

Chase that payout

what say you?

Sue? Why don’t you arrest them bud?

All jokes aside, a back injury is serious shit and symptoms can take a while to manifest. I'd consult with an attorney to get things on the record just in case. He can refer you to a doc for evaluation. A lot of people sue businesses for bullshit reasons, but if you actually got injured you're entitled to damages.

Now, about those wife pics ...

Wait until the war with USA/Iran/Saudi Arabia/UAE/Qatar breaks out. Don't sue the gas station until gas is $8 a gallon.

Sue, get millions, buy you kid a new bike, upgrade to a new wife.

Back