Should I start taking TRT?

500 isn't low. You are smacked in the middle. Also what time did you take your blood test?
I haven’t been tested in 4-5 years, but whenever I hear the symptoms of low t I feel like they are talking to me. I believe I got them done in the 10am-1pm range, it’s been a few years though. My second test a year after my 500 one came back in the mid 400s, but I was a bit overweight at the time. It’s probably just my hypothyroid treatment not working well because it really doesn’t for anyone, but damn test sounds really good sometimes.

I posted a thread on the topic.

If I were you, I'd exercise alternatives 1st. TRT as a last alternative. Cut plastics. Avoid any phytoestrogen, micro estrogen, and clean up diet. Water filtration system like reverse osmosis.

There's definitely side effects and you could nuke your hair helmet. Maybe wait until you did all the supplementary work first. Retest your testosterone after.
I agree that I need to clean up diet, I don’t know much about the other things. My thyroid ruined my hair anyways so that doesn’t bother me much honestly. I’m not saying I’m gonna get on it but I’ve been plagued with anxiety and depression the last four or five years, so when I hear test can solve that i get very persuaded.

I haven’t been tested in 4-5 years, but whenever I hear the symptoms of low t I feel like they are talking to me. I believe I got them done in the 10am-1pm range, it’s been a few years though. My second test a year after my 500 one came back in the mid 400s, but I was a bit overweight at the time. It’s probably just my hypothyroid treatment not working well because it really doesn’t for anyone, but damn test sounds really good sometimes.

I agree that I need to clean up diet, I don’t know much about the other things. My thyroid ruined my hair anyways so that doesn’t bother me much honestly. I’m not saying I’m gonna get on it but I’ve been plagued with anxiety and depression the last four or five years, so when I hear test can solve that i get very persuaded.

Mate, read this.

71m9reBToeL.jpg

There's so much you and thread starter can do naturally and from a holistic approach.

Clean diet, no rubbish or high fructose corn syrup. Eliminate ALL micro/phytoestrogen/soy. Eliminate store bought over the counter deodorant full of estrogen causing agents. Water filtration system for purifyingusing reverse osmosis (R.O.) to remove the rubbish birth control and crap from it. alternatively, you can purchase water from health stores and get refills or do Britta - not the best but better than yap water. Decrease body fat. Get around hot girls and cut out PRON. It's poison. Use nonstick pans, lower stress, exercise, and get 8 hours of deep REM sleep. It's two fold. Do things to eliminate estrogen and optimize testosterone.

Getting 8 hours of deep REM sleep will optimize your testosterone. Imagine leaving your car on all day and wondering why it wont start the next day. that podcast is great. The book is better.

Theres so much you can do but these days, everyone wants a quick fix. This is no call out. Just pointing out that nature in people the western take a pill culture. 3 easy steps to [ENTER WHATEVER LIE HERE]. it's BS.

Its hard work. worst casescenario, you can do TRT after everything else failed.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...feminate-what-are-you-doing-about-it.4256871/

Last edited:

Testing needs to be done first thing in the morning. Not sleeping and eating something fatty messes your lab results too.

TRT comes with it's own issue. You are 30 years old. Doctors who aren't TRT peddlers aren't going to prescribe that to you. It's mainly because you might still want to have children. It's not a good fix for people who aren't active and are still within normal limits. There are other issues like prostate enlargement and cardiovascular ones.

I think you should start working out, improve sleep hygiene and diet first before jumping on TRT. It's probably a life long choice or at least a long term one.

Mate, read this.

71m9reBToeL.jpg

There's so much you and thread starter can do naturally and from a holistic approach.

Clean diet, no rubbish or high fructose corn syrup. Eliminate ALL micro/phytoestrogen/soy. Eliminate store bought over the counter deodorant full of estrogen causing agents. Water filtration system for purifyingusing reverse osmosis (R.O.) to remove the rubbish birth control and crap from it. alternatively, you can purchase water from health stores and get refills or do Britta - not the best but better than yap water. Decrease body fat. Get around hot girls and cut out PRON. It's poison. Use nonstick pans, lower stress, exercise, and get 8 hours of deep REM sleep. It's two fold. Do things to eliminate estrogen and optimize testosterone.

Getting 8 hours of deep REM sleep will optimize your testosterone. Imagine leaving your car on all day and wondering why it wont start the next day. that podcast is great. The book is better.

Theres so much you can do but these days, everyone wants a quick fix. This is no call out. Just pointing out that nature in people the western take a pill culture. 3 easy steps to [ENTER WHATEVER LIE HERE]. it's BS.

Its hard work. worst casescenario, you can do TRT after everything else failed.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...feminate-what-are-you-doing-about-it.4256871/

The thing with the diet is that is such a substantial lifestyle change. Don’t get me wrong I know I’m being a pussy about it, I’m not too bothered about how I feel but would love to feel better, but following a diet like that would eliminate most store bought foods and most restaurant foods. I think socializing is really important and it’s hard to go out to eat with friends and just sit there drinking water. But I’m sure I could cut back on that shit unless it’s an actual social event. I ordered the book and am curious about it. The other stuff is very doable, I do a lot of it already but know the diet is holding me back the most I think. That’s the problem with the girls I end up dating, all they fucking want to do is eat shitty food and go out. I appreciate the advice!

Testing needs to be done first thing in the morning. Not sleeping and eating something fatty messes your lab results too.

TRT comes with it's own issue. You are 30 years old. Doctors who aren't TRT peddlers aren't going to prescribe that to you. It's mainly because you might still want to have children. It's not a good fix for people who aren't active and are still within normal limits. There are other issues like prostate enlargement and cardiovascular ones.

I think you should start working out, improve sleep hygiene and diet first before jumping on TRT. It's probably a life long choice or at least a long term one.
Posts like this and the one above are definitely important counters to the “take t and you’ll be so much better everywhere” argument. Although I will admit the fact that I already take a daily thyroid hormone makes me a little less afraid to take a low dose of testosterone. You are right though, there are ways to feel better. I already am extremely active: I lift weights, grapple, and am a mason for work, but like I said above I eat out wayyyy too much and could benefit drastically from diet changes I’d imagine. Now if only I could sleep at night I’d be on the right track.

I was gunna do this and i took the blood test and they said my test levels were fine, abit on the low side, but i am half asian.

Maybe i should have gotten like a cats blood or something, they i could have gotten juiced up like the ubereem and become indestructable.

The thing with the diet is that is such a substantial lifestyle change. Don’t get me wrong I know I’m being a pussy about it, I’m not too bothered about how I feel but would love to feel better, but following a diet like that would eliminate most store bought foods and most restaurant foods. I think socializing is really important and it’s hard to go out to eat with friends and just sit there drinking water. But I’m sure I could cut back on that shit unless it’s an actual social event. I ordered the book and am curious about it. The other stuff is very doable, I do a lot of it already but know the diet is holding me back the most I think. That’s the problem with the girls I end up dating, all they fucking want to do is eat shitty food and go out. I appreciate the advice!

Get creative. Drink liquor. Whiskey or Russian vodka over estrogenic beer. Avoid plastic bottles and tap water. Mate, I sip on water at a bar or club. I really don't care what people think..most people are fat or obese.

Don't buy books. Get a library card. If you really want. You can likely find it online or audibook through your local library app. It's 100% free. The book isn't just theoretical. It's actionable. There's nothing you can't do right now free.

I rarely eat out. If I do, healthy. No soy bean oil. No plastic cutlery. No tap water. As a lifetime Bachelor, I don't care what a date wants to do. Have you seen your high school year book and seen people recently? There's feedback you get as a man for being soy and a fat fuck. Women got the stunning and brave PC crap. There's no feedback until too little too late. She can eat shifty foods but I'm not marrying nor committed to that. One of the detrimental things is that, the girls eat like she's 16 but at 20 plus. Treat their body like a dump truck. The future won't be pretty. As man, set the pace and better precedent. It's positive you increasing testosterone. Girls constantly meet soy boys and low testosterone effeminate men now a days.

Your welcome. @ me after you read it. Tell me what you think. Not to go full tinfoil hat but everything is fucking with you as a man. The foods, water, the culture, and environment are estrogenic and testosterone lowering. You pretty much got to be weird to go against the norm which is soy boy and low testosterone. Good luck. I hope it helps.

Watch the jre 1109 I linked or listen on Spotify. Get sleep on track. It will increase your testosterone doing that.

Get creative. Drink liquor. Whiskey or Russian vodka over estrogenic beer. Avoid plastic bottles and tap water. Mate, I sip on water at a bar or club. I really don't care what people think..most people are fat or obese.

Don't buy books. Get a library card. If you really want. You can likely find it online or audibook through your local library app. It's 100% free. The book isn't just theoretical. It's actionable. There's nothing you can't do right now free.

I rarely eat out. If I do, healthy. No soy bean oil. No plastic cutlery. No tap water. As a lifetime Bachelor, I don't care what a date wants to do. Have you seen your high school year book and seen people recently? There's feedback you get as a man for being soy and a fat fuck. Women got the stunning and brave PC crap. There's no feedback until too little too late. She can eat shifty foods but I'm not marrying nor committed to that. One of the detrimental things is that, the girls eat like she's 16 but at 20 plus. Treat their body like a dump truck. The future won't be pretty. As man, set the pace and better precedent. It's positive you increasing testosterone. Girls constantly meet soy boys and low testosterone effeminate men now a days.

Your welcome. @ me after you read it. Tell me what you think. Not to go full tinfoil hat but everything is fucking with you as a man. The foods, water, the culture, and environment are estrogenic and testosterone lowering. You pretty much got to be weird to go against the norm which is soy boy and low testosterone. Good luck. I hope it helps.

Watch the jre 1109 I linked or listen on Spotify. Get sleep on track. It will increase your testosterone doing that.
I honestly don’t care what I or others look like physically too much, other than when people look lazy and are mad about it. I also always buy my books because I dog ear important pages and highlight points, but I get what your saying. I’ve been following Marty Gallaghers stuff doing his periodization and read purposeful primitive a couple months ago, again it’s the social situations that are fucking it up. I’m looking forward to getting this book though, and am definitely gonna clean up my diet. Good call about the liquor, I always feel like shit drinking beer but sure do love it. No big deal would rather feel good and drink liquor than be in pain enjoying beer.

To be fair, I would say I’m not exactly an estrogenic male by the measures you are saying. I’m pretty strong and can pull over 500, do bjj, and own my own business doing stone and brickwork, I just feel like shit mentally and physically sometimes and I just don’t know why.

I appreciate the input though sir! I’ll follow up once I digest the material in the book and start implementing changes.

Back