Should I remind you of what happened to Anderson when he fought an elite/big wrestler?

Colin fans incoming to their man's defense, in 1, 2, 3..

Different styles of wrestling though.

Chael is traditional western wrestling, with a very quick, power through double leg.

Khabib is more of an up against the fence grappler, with trips and throws.

And Anderson has pretty good upper body tdd with his strong clinch and his single leg tdd is pretty good (except when he totally just concedes to it) with his excellent balance,but his sprawl to the double is shit.Stylistically Chael's wrestling was very effective due to his solid double.It'll be very interesting to see how Khabib/Conor goes down in the wrestling/tdd department.

Against Chael 1
Yeah I know he submitted him like 10 seconds before the end of the fight but what happened during 98% of the fight?

Conor fans keep telling me that Conor TDD is not mainly about traditional wrestling TDD (sprawling) but more about "excellent footwork".. well Anderson as well, he KO/TKO people due to his "excellent footwork" and that was enough for most of them to not take him down.
So again what happened to him when he finally encountered a legit, big and strong wrestler? Yes, exactly. Or.. are you going to tell me that Conor footwork is better than Andersons?
I would tend to agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that Khabib's striking defense just seems so vulnerable to Conor's precision and timing. The disparity right there is what gives me pause. If Conor doesn't exploit that, and quickly, you're right. Its going to be a humiliating night for him I believe.

Against Chael 1
Yeah I know he submitted him like 10 seconds before the end of the fight but what happened during 98% of the fight?

Conor fans keep telling me that Conor TDD is not mainly about traditional wrestling TDD (sprawling) but more about "excellent footwork".. well Anderson as well, he KO/TKO people due to his "excellent footwork" and that was enough for most of them to not take him down.
So again what happened to him when he finally encountered a legit, big and strong wrestler? Yes, exactly. Or.. are you going to tell me that Conor footwork is better than Andersons?

Could've stopped right there. Anderson won; your point is moot bud.

Chael Sonnen, was a wrestling wrestler for that reason he managed to get erratic in the fight against Anderson Silva.

And it took a long time to be finalized. With Connor going to be different he is not a real wrestling.

Could've stopped right there. Anderson won; your point is moot bud.

Come on dude, lets use abstract thinking. Yes we all know that Silva won but he lost about 98% of the fight.
Even worse because this probably means that Silva has better JJ than Conor and that Khabib has better sub defense than Chael.

Back