Should I learn Wrestling first or MMA?

Symbolistic

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I'm going to be age 22 in June and never wrestled, is it too late for me if I want to be competitive...?

I hear a lot about how amazing wrestling is and how it'll help when you do MMA
Should I focus on wrestling and then MMA after?

If so, what is the best Wrestling school in NY? (Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, etc)

absolutely no debate if you wanna do MMA do MMA

inb4 wrestlers come in and try and justify going into wrestling first with bro science

seems to have worked out for a guy named GSP

learn mma but make sure your mma training involves wrestling...you dont need pure wrestling just drill a lot of basic takedowns and defenses

Learn from who?

obviously an elderly asian man with an amazeballs fu manchu that forces you to stand outside his dojo for 3 months in the rain, snow and sleet just to be repeatedly told that you cant train there. When you finally are about to give into doubt and weakness and reach down deep to a mystical pocket chi that you didnt even know you have and remain steadfast in your sentry post will you then be able to enter the dojo. If an old asian lady comes out and starts whacking you with a broom and yelling "there is no ancient martial arts master at this house you crazy gaijin, get off my property before I go all castle doctrine on your ass" remain calm and continue waiting. That is exactly the type of trickery that a badass fu wearing antient martial arts master would pull.

training wrestling can lead to mma success, training takedowns will lead to mma success.

nameen?

whats an mma, can you point to it?

question was rhetorical because the answer is obvious...train mma from the start...put it all together from the get go, striking, stand up grappling and ground grappling

10 points to gryffindor

lions are soo mainstream, and ravenclaw is where all the pseuds who only *think* theyre being hip go. slytherin and hufflepuff are truneet *adjusts square rimed glasses*.

if you were a little kid starting with wrestling would be best, for an adult it's hard to get started in it.

Back