Should i join the Canadian army ?

standupguru**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is it a good idea to join the army in canada ?

I'm 24, dropped out of college and have no careera atm.

Do you get deployed over seas to middle east ?

If not join the army, what career should i go towards ?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Well, you have to consider the fact that the canadian army serves to discernible function.

So, I'd guess you fit the bill perfectly.

if you don't join the army you should be a drug dealer or prostitute.

and unless they changed it you can do reservist basic training and have no commitment past that...

I am actually in the same situation, im 24 also and this minimum wage shit is killer. I was thinking about joining the navy possibly but I am still trying to see if I can do something else

the military is always the best decision when you have absolutely nothing else going for you.

Only join the army at the officer level (Start as second Leftenant). If you go in as a private it will suck. Generally people with no education go in as a grunt. Same level of people such as construction workers. You can go as an officer with much higher pay. Plus they pay for your education. Go that route if you can.

If not go to university and get an education. You can get student loans an bursuries by the government, they pay well and you don't have to pay it all back. Very worth it and that is what I did.

I did both army and university. University was the better choice.

What do you WANT to do and what SKILLS do you have. Put those together for a perfect career. Life is about talent, hard work and luck. Put it together and get a grip, or live your life in the gutter. Choice is yours.

With today's state of affairs, I'd recommend the Navy or the Air Force over the Army. That is, unless you want to serve as a bullet catcher. I'd prefer not to do that. But, 4 or 6 years in the military might do you good. If you decide against the Army, you might actually learn a trade or skill that will be useful outside of the military.

I am actually in the same situation, im 24 also and this minimum wage shit is killer. I was thinking about joining the navy possibly but I am still trying to see if I can do something else

awesome bro, where u from ? im from Niagara Region and pm me if u ever do.

Oh yeah, try the RCMP, they are hiring. Go to their website, you have nothing to lose. Good job, future, pay, etc.

My question is, can i choose to go into Navy right after i join ? or do you have to start off first as a army ?

awesome bro, where u from ? im from Niagara Region and pm me if u ever do.

im in ontario, someone I know joined the navy, shes already done training and said they pay you lots, they feed you and shit too so you end up saving lots of money and lol she said in the navy your less likely to get killed, all sounds good to me considering my options

I know quite a few people that have had positive experiences in the Canadian Forces. Go for it dude. There isn't much going on in the way of battle deployment these days for the CF.

I am going to be applying to the Canadian Armed Forces soon. There is wait lists for most careers in the Forces, so what you should do if you are considering it, is fill out the paper work, talk with recruiters, and then wait to see if they give you a job offer. You don't need to accept, and you can always leave if you can't handle it.

Yes, in most careers you will have a high likelihood of going overseas to the middle east eventually. We have people all over the world, so if you really can't go through with that, don't join. Everyone in the military is a "soldier" first. You have to be ready to be deployed, to get shot at, and to kill. It sucks, because lots of talented people wont join the forces because they are too scared to get shot or to shoot someone.

You can of course lower the danger by choosing an office job. There are lots of clerk/mail room type jobs where you just sit behind a desk for most of the time. You can still be shipped overseas, but it is very unlikely you will see any real combat.

Here is a video series you can watch to get an idea of what Army life is like. This is just showing a bit of the Basic Training. If you can survive through this, then I say join up. The war in the middle east is dying down, a lot of the time you will just be in Canada or the USA doing training exercises most likely. Again, it all depends on your career choice.

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/land-terre/life-vie/basic-voie/index-eng.asp

My question is, can i choose to go into Navy right after i join ? or do you have to start off first as a army ?

You should ask a recruiting officer these questions. There's no commitment required to go in and talk to them. And if you don't have the gumption to go talk to a recruiter, this thread is all a load of BS anyways.

What? You join the Army or the Navy. They are two different branches. Or, you join the Air Force. I'm not sure if the Canadian Coast Guard is a part of the Armed Forces, as it is in the U.S.

With today's state of affairs, I'd recommend the Navy or the Air Force over the Army. That is, unless you want to serve as a bullet catcher. I'd prefer not to do that. But, 4 or 6 years in the military might do you good. If you decide against the Army, you might actually learn a trade or skill that will be useful outside of the military.

dont forget the coast guard. if i had it to do over again, and i went in any other branch than the navy, it would be the coast guard. better locations, women, barracks, etc..

Back