Should I get the vaccine?

How soon after were you feeling sick? I've been throwing up every morning for a while (allergies and stress), I have a 50 minute drive back to work after my second shot this morning, I permanently feel sick as it is.

Work is kicking my ass at the moment, I'm kind of hoping I get side effects so I can take some time off.

For the legit answer, the day after the first shot I had a two hour window of teeth chattering chills followed by menopause like hot flashes. Then I was right as rain. The second shot produced no side effects whatsoever. I was told that people who have had Covid already, get the effects on the first shot rather than the second. YMMV.

Sorry you're having a rough go of it. About the only thing kicking my butt right now is a new case of arthritis in my knee.

For the legit answer, the day after the first shot I had a two hour window of teeth chattering chills followed by menopause like hot flashes. Then I was right as rain. The second shot produced no side effects whatsoever. I was told that people who have had Covid already, get the effects on the first shot rather than the second. YMMV.

Sorry you're having a rough go of it. About the only thing kicking my butt right now is a new case of arthritis in my knee.
Two of my bosses told me to go home straight after my second one this morning so I did. One of them the second one kicked the ass out of him but he just powered through it because we're so busy and he's really important at the moment that we can't really afford to lose him. But it was actually a nice relief being told not to come back to the office after.

I'm alright. Like I said it's just work stuff, we're in the middle of a 1500 people head office move which has been a ridiculous logistical nightmare already and we have another month and a bit left of.

I'm sorry about your arthritis :( that's a pain in the knee with what you do for a living. But at least you're all vaccinated now :)

I am now 36 hours post Pfizer second shot. I had a slightly sore arm last night. No other side effects. Looking forward to being fully vaccinated in 13 days.

Damn, OP being offered the bargain-bin vaccines.
Depends. Covid is probably a lot more dangerous than Sputnik. All I know about Sinovac is that it has low efficacy. If you don't think your country will get hands on better vaccines soon, it's safer to take one (Sputnik preferably). Otherwise you'll almost certainly be infected within the next year. You can't really afford to wait around for Pfizer / Moderna who knows how many months / years down the line.

Yes, it's guaranteed that if you get corona you won't be bed ridden on a ventilator.

Back