Should i do

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by Casparr, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Casparr

Casparr White Belt

Hello,

I am trying to get into running but i have a question, i started earlier already and i ran outside and i noticed my knee's could not take the impact. Now i saw Bas Rutten big dvd of combat and he said it doesn't matter if you run on a treadmill or outdoor.

So.. should i run inside or outside?? Or just change them up a bit

2. lil_ric23

lil_ric23 White Belt

go to a good runner's shop first and get properly fitted for shoes and let them see how your feet land on the ground. If they recommend a certain shoe for any reason or getting orthotics, you should listen to them.

If you do all of this and your knees still hurt you can try running on a track, grass, dirt, and yes the treadmill if all of those hurt your knees. If you can stand running on a treadmill, it will have a lot less impact. Personally, I get bored on a treadmill after 30 min, love to run outside.

3. ronin0352

ronin0352 Lift, Eat, Sleep, Repeat

You're a lot better than me, I'm bored after 5 minutes. lol

4. Dao Jones

Dao Jones Blue Belt

Try to find a YMCA, gym, or school in your area that has a rubberized (for lack of a better word) track. It's much easier on the knees. I just can't do the treadmill thing, though I know a lot of people who swear by it. Much luck to ya.