Should have Gastelum been allowed to compete?

???

• Total voters

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
UFC 234 - Whitiker pulled out - and no asshole, he didn't hernieate himself to avoid fighting an infected guy. But really if he just flat out said he didn't want to fight that it's a perfectly legit reason isn't it?!?!?

But regardless of all that why the F was Gastelum allowed to compete? I feel like it was to keep paper thin card afloat but blew in their faces anyway on them when the card was cancelled regardless.

Gastelum shouldn't have been allowed to fight looking like that - it's not right - it's not healthy - it's a bad look on the sport imo

Anyone remember Matt Hammill's neck sore vs Keith Jardine? How are these things allowed? I get cancellations suck but come on son

Reminds me of the Family guy episode where Chris pimple comes alive

Perhaps it was his pimple that told him to grab the belt and walk around like he was champion

He looked fine.
warthog_vern_ZA_7199-750x500.jpg

If that Staph wound was on his legs nobody woulda gave 2 fucks but since it was on his face the shitstorm is still continuing.

Honestly it must have been embarassing for Kelvin having that shit on his face and having to go on TV and everything.

Nope

There's no way I would have fight him if I was Whitaker.

Lol feels bad for Kelvin man. Guy's getting so much shit over things he has no control over.

i do think he should have been pulled from the card though, thats not healthy lol

Lol feels bad for Kelvin man. Guy's getting so much shit over things he has no control over.

i do think he should have been pulled from the card though, thats not healthy lol

Feel like they strong armed him into competing anyway

There's no dignity or health regulations for this type of things in the UFC it seems - event must go on cause we make weak cards

Anybody further down they list they probably would have been like - yeah stay home, whatever - get well soon

Last edited:

I’m not shitting on the man. I’m just grossed the fuck out. Nothing personal.

Before I clicked the post button I read it over. It said “shitting in the man” lol I’m glad I caught it.

That shit looked disgusting, no he should not have fought.

I’m not shitting on the man. I’m just grossed the fuck out. Nothing personal.

Same

It's not a good look for the sport man

Imagine a new fan watching fights - friends trying to get them into it for first time

"Why are the fighters covered in sores?" :eek:

we're no longer friends

It ruins everything

No Gastelum and his training partners should have been put down for safety measures.
UFC is so irresponsible...

I've dealt with staph.. not okay to come to the gym, mat, ring or cage with that or ringworm. Period.. end of story.

Why not google what the ringworm actually is? Instead of making a stupid thread. Fucking snowflakes.

Ringworm and/or staph infection? No way he should get cleared.

Why not google what the ringworm actually is? Instead of making a stupid thread. Fucking snowflakes.

Like I said before

It's not a good look for the sport is it?

But if paying $65 to see ring wormed fighters is your jam then have at er

Yeah fuck dat, rolling with diseased people is a no-no.

Back