Television Should have been Betty White's 100th birthday today

She was older than sliced bread.
I am gonna make a sandwich in her honor.

The amount of leap year days she lived through equals to a hundred years of age.

That's more time than most people get. I think a lot of people wouldn't even want to live that long. I sure wouldn't.

That's more time than most people get. I think a lot of people wouldn't even want to live that long. I sure wouldn't.

Amazingly though, she not only got that much time but had generally good health all the way into her mid/late 90s. I watched a special about her the other day and she was legit still working doing tv guest spots after her sitcom Hot in Cleveland ended its run in 2015. So she was 93 and still taking acting gigs. Her agent commented that had the pandemic not been a thing, she would have been looking for jobs even into 2020.

Instead, it's just the centenary of her birth. Anyone else feel like watching The Golden Girls?

They had the series finale on tv yesterday afternoon, which had Leslie Nielsen as a guest star. Something really sad about seeing the ending (which went for an emotional punch anyway) and knowing they are all gone.

I'm from the UK. Excuse my ignorance but what was the big deal with Ms White ?

Back