Should Gus move to heavyweight?

Yes all those LHW's are fighting at LHW because of Anderson Silva, how did we not know that.

Who thought Shogun and Rashads decision to fight at LHW was really about Silva.

shogun came from pride where they had an active MW(ufc lhw) roster. How many WW fights were even booked in pride? All the stars were fighting at MW and HW thats where the fights were. Point is a lot of these guys can make 185 easy in the ufc but why would they? Theyd have to fight anderson silva for the belt. That's a lot harder then the champions before bones.

Hes perfect at 205. Good cardio as well. Why move to hw?

He's not serious guys.. He's just making a point of how ridiculous the argument that jones should have to move up to hw is

Prior to this fight they weren't ludicrous to a lot of people.

Many believed Jones capable of steamrolling the HW division.

It only seems ludicrous in retrospect.

Hind sight is 20-20.

I don't see any other option

Only washed up middleweights way past their prime unable to offer any resistance to gigantic mutants like Gus left in the divison.

Don't even get me started on the black magic those humongous cheaters use to weigh in the same as everyone else.

Not until he thoroughly dominates a Pride legend according to the patterns on Sherdog.

Anyways, I would be surprised if Jon and Gus wasn't at HW within 3 years but as long as they're able to make 205 w/o difficulty they are free to fight there.

Last night did get me more interested in Gus vs some of the lighter HWs in the UFC like Miocic, Browne, even Vera though.

I don't think he has the power to hurt many heavyweights but he sure could outpoint a lot of them with his speed. He'd do pretty well until he ran into the top 6 or 8 guys. He's better suited to 205 because he still has a speed advantage and also doesn't have the power disadvantage he'd have at HW.

I don't think Jones would do much better at HW. Lower end of the top 10 for now (at least until he really bulked up and acclimated himself to that weight). JBJ is used to being the much stronger fighter (in addition to longer). I don't think he'd hold up against guys much stronger than him.

So Gus KOs people left and right in LHW but can't at HW, explain me why?

He's not serious guys.. He's just making a point of how ridiculous the argument that jones should have to move up to hw is

Believe or not, its a serious question. People often state that Jones is too tall for LHW.

Im curious if its applicable to Gus as well.

Nah. Actually, LHW/HW matchups could be quite interesting. There are probably quite a few LHWs that could beat Bigfoot.

Why in the world would he do that. He just barely missed winning the LHW belt and knocking the LHW GOAT off of his throne.
Divisional champ is bull shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is only one champion in ufc "cain velesquez"

Not until he thoroughly dominates a Pride legend according to the patterns on Sherdog.

Anyways, I would be surprised if Jon and Gus wasn't at HW within 3 years but as long as they're able to make 205 w/o difficulty they are free to fight there.

Last night did get me more interested in Gus vs some of the lighter HWs in the UFC like Miocic, Browne, even Vera though.
They are free to do.But we are restricted to see what we dont want to see.

Its odd Gus is taller than Jones but I repeatedly read Jones needs to fight in his natural weight clas,
But Gus seems to be a natural LHW

Weird.

After a narrow defeat and firmly establishing himself as the number #2 LHW

Should Gus move to HW and fight opponents "more his size" as we often hear on Sherdog?

No. Gus needs to fight Jones again

As much as I find waterweight cutting retarded, it's there for the taking and you'd be a dumb motherfucker if you didn't (or not if you just wanted to challenge yourself I guess).

So no, he's not even having trouble in the division.

Back