Should GSP get a title shot right away?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Kriegsboy, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Kriegsboy

Kriegsboy Yellow Belt

It would be an ultimate seller,but his last fight was against Hendricks who arguably won.So why should he get a title shot?Maybe something more like a rematch with Condit or even with Hendricks if he beats Magny.

2. sirmorbach

sirmorbach These violent delights have violent ends

Sucks for Maia and Wonderboy, but GSP left as a champion and it would be nothing but fair if he fought for the belt straightaway.

I mean, some people were even considering that fucking Nick Diaz should get a title shot lmao what's wrong with the champion getting it?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    Roman Empore and peterparker66 like this.
  3. beephin

beephin Black Belt

Why should he get a title shot?

Cause he's one of the GOAT's. Nobody got riddum like him. Would love to see him fight in Canada. Crowd is always crazy up there when he fights.

peterparker66 likes this.
  4. jei

jei Danger Zone Admin Staff Member Forum Administrator

Is this a serious question? Who cares if he "arguably" lost, he won the fight, defended his title, and retired with the belt. He should absolutely get a title shot when and if he comes back.

5. Siesta

Siesta Brown Belt

I don't think he should, but I'm sure he will.

6. SuperNerd

SuperNerd Playoff Mode.

French people don't deserve anything.

7. robbie

robbie Brown Belt

Given that the UFC is more into money fights vs. rankings, I think GSP could very well come back in a title fight scenario or big name catch weight fight with no title on the line. GSP could fight Woodley for the 170 belt or fight Bisping at 178 or McGregor at 160 to 165. This way neither Bisping or Connor puts their belt at risk and still get the big pay day.

8. peterparker66

peterparker66 Black Belt

I think he should get any fight he wants coming back , if he want a title shot give him and title shot if he wants a tune up fight or fun fight give him that , he's one of the greatest fighters every and deserves the respect that grants him to get a title shot straight away , I feel bad for the top contenders but it Conor can leap frog every one at LW and get a title shot i see know prob in GSP getting a shot , even though part of me would be pissed that Maia got overlooked again .

9. MR.HUNT

MR.HUNT Purple Belt

Yeah,he should get a shot,he's the champ.

10. SuperNerd

SuperNerd Playoff Mode.

This. New owners gonna pimp out every bell and whistle they can for the next 2-3 years.

It's gonna be gross. It took them half a year to create 3 FW champions.

11. Iceman_Fan09

Iceman_Fan09 Black Belt

Arguably losing isn't the same as losing. GSP still won his last fight which was for the championship. He was the champion so if he comes back it makes sense for him to get a shot at the title he never actually lost.

12. Rod Farva

Rod Farva War Big Nog!

He "arguably" WON the fight against Hendricks too. In fact, he OFFICIALLY won the fight.

He walked away as the champion and if he returns he should get a chance to win his title back right away.

UFC is a business and doesn't and shouldn't give a crap about fair. A GSP return fight would be huge if he fights for the title but not if he fights Fred Ettish