Should Gilbert Melendez be cut?

No. He's fought some killers and 2 of those losses could have gone either way. Give him a break and see where he's at with lower tier opponent. Still lots of intriguing fights for him in the division.

Don't really understand the dislike for Artem. He seems like a good guy to me

it has less to do with his personality than his credentials- his ufc roster spot is definitely questionable.

-he was only given a spot to compete on tuf 22 due to his relationship with conor.

-he lost his qualifying fight to get into the house, but magically, dana white revealed that each team captain can bring back 1 fighter that lost in the qualifying round. conor chose artem (no surprise there).

-and while he ko'd fools on tuf, he showed he's a one-trick pony.

-he lost his tuf finale (granted, ryan hall is possibly more one-dimensional than artem, and that fight was boring as hell).

-he then lost his next ufc fight to a guy who was 1-2 in the ufc at the time.

so you have a fighter who was gifted a shot in the ufc and yet hasnt been able to win in the ufc. it shouldnt be a surprise that many fans resent him.

Give him winner of Lauzon/Miller. Or loser of Lauzon/Miller. I'd like to see either of those fights.

Lauzon and Nate are homies. If Gilbert fights Lauzon, Lauzon would become Nate's enemy by default. I can't see that happening. Good match up though.

I really wanted to see Gil against Alvarez, Chandler and Brooks in Bellator, and was almost disappointed when he chose UFC.

He could have beaten Alvarez. Something was off since he gave up mentally knowing Eddie was hurt. He did not look bad against Barbosa. Gil needs slightly easier competition. Give him Brooks, and I do not mean CM Punk.

How did he look against Barboza? I feel like you should be cut if you have heavy hands and don't crack Barboza's chin.

Back