Should Gilbert Melendez be cut?

Probably but guys that didn't have a big fan base have stayed around with streaks as bad as his. I'm surprised they let Ellenberger stay around as long as he has and Dan Hardy had a terrible skid after losing to GSP but they still kept him around

i never understand some losers that want a fighter to get cut.is your life that miserable that you want another persons failure?

No, Gilbert deserves some credit.

The lightweight division is very stacked with talents, don't see why get rid of a top 10 talent like Gilbert, this should just weaken the division.

dont think ufc wants to help bellator lw divison any more than it has they have already given bellator josh thomson ,paul sass,terry etim and ben henderson

He still has some of the best boxing at lw. Give him a top 10 not top 5.

Give him winner of Lauzon/Miller. Or loser of Lauzon/Miller. I'd like to see either of those fights.

Gill may be at the other end of his career, but he's still fighting top guys. There is plenty of guys he can still school, and whens the last time you saw him take an easy out of a fight.

I'd like to see him get one more shot. He's fought top competition and was coming off a long layoff.

UFC record of 1-4.
3 losses in a row.
Busted for steroids.
Tried once already to defect to Bellator.

Time to let him go?

Depends on how long he still has to go on his current deal.

He isnt worth keeping around if he has to stay on championship money for a long time as he's no longer championship calibre.

But if they can get him to stay on a lower rate, he's definitely worth retaining. Good, exciting fighter, and doesnt look close to being completely shot and pointless like Bigfoot Silva or something.

If he drops his next fight he may be done for but if he wins they'll keep him around for another 2 to 3 fights. But he is starting to get long in the tooth and maybe is on the down side of his career.

I thought he beat bendo and eddie

DEFINITELY thought he beat bendo tho, eddie was a toss-up

Not a needle mover and too expensive. Let him go to WSOF or KOTC.

Giblert and Lombard are both still in the UFC purely on the fact they are big names both have been underwhelming.

No. Giblert showed he can still hang with the best in his last fight. He should fight the winner of Lauzon vs Miller 2 next just for the JBG's satisfaction :D

Hell no - look at who hes fought.Hes definitely ufc caliber.He'll never stake claim to title but he's top 10.

if conor can keep artem lobov on the ufc roster, maybe nate/nick can keep gilbert on the roster.

props for not taking the low road and spelling his name giblert.
Don't really understand the dislike for Artem. He seems like a good guy to me

Back