Should Genghis Khan be posthumously charged with hate crimes against Islam?

LOL! It would be for the complete OPPOSITE reason - to bash white people over the head with. More 'evil whitey, feel bad, feel very very bad'.

whatever dude, agree to disagree.

And Genghis Khan is romanticized in Mongolia. Enough of this nonsense.

Difference is mongolian media doesn't have the power to change perceptions of billions of people, western media does so the general population still sees Temujin as a murdering savage and Alexander as a great conquerer and man

Yes Hitler killed for racist reasons and Khan killed for non-racist reasons. They're so different. lulz

Actually there is a difference, thats like me saying Hitler killed jews for racist reasons and the US killed ISIS for non-racist reasons, whats the difference.

Prove it.

Get out more and talk to people and ask them that question and you'll have my proof.

Says the guy who has made anti non-Asian comments in the past. And I think when the Mongols were decimating Muslims, Buddhists Christians & others, there wasn't much tolerance to be found. But hey they allowed people of various religious backgrounds in their ranks so what the hell!

I does matter during times of peace, after the nation has already been conquered or surrendered it matters a lot.

As for me making racist comments I really don't give a shit, every time I said something is because that person made racist comments about asians first or to prove a point, punch me in the face and I'm not turning the other cheek instead I'm stomping their head vanderlei silva style. I ain't no saint and I ain't afraid to 'go there' against anyone because people have never had a filter when it comes to asians, so fuck the lot of them, they started it and I don't back down like the other ass-kissing asians around here.

Difference is mongolian media doesn't have the power to change perceptions of billions of people, western media does so the general population still sees Temujin as a murdering savage and Alexander as a great conquerer and man

Because the Western media is so hung up on constantly trying to convince "billions of people" Alexander the Great was a magnificent wonderful man. Oh god stop with your whining will you, it's so fucking pathetic.

You're free to believe what you like. That's one of the great things about the West, although it's changing.

Actually there is a difference, thats like me saying Hitler killed jews for racist reasons and the US killed ISIS for non-racist reasons, whats the difference.

This is so comically retarded, I don't really know what you were trying to say... is ISIS Genghis Khan in your funny little analogy?

Get out more and talk to people and ask them that question and you'll have my proof.

When I do go out, I'm not in the habit of asking people 'how do you view Genghis Khan & Alexander the Great?'. Is this how you try to chat girls up?

But anyway... you have no proof.

I does matter during times of peace, after the nation has already been conquered or surrendered it matters a lot.

Peace existed after Mongol conquest only because there was no one left to fight - they were virtually all dead, and the ones who remained were so traumatised, they couldn't possibly fight.

As for me making racist comments I really don't give a shit, every time I said something is because that person made racist comments about asians first or to prove a point, punch me in the face and I'm not turning the other cheek instead I'm stomping their head vanderlei silva style. I ain't no saint and I ain't afraid to 'go there' against anyone because people have never had a filter when it comes to asians, so fuck the lot of them, they started it and I don't back down like the other ass-kissing asians around here.

Just sounds funny, you talking about tolerance of people of other backgrounds when you've made very intolerant posts in the past. And I doubt this is your only account. There was another pro-Asian poster on here who was outright hateful against anyone non-Asian and your posts are remarkably similar to his.

And anyway, on the issue of the Mongol destruction of Muslim cities... all I have to say is this...

Was it not the 'will of god'?

If so, is this not evidence that 'god' does not give a shit about his own worshippers?

Or maybe he just doesn't exist at all? Which is it? Any Muslims on here care to answer?

When Muhammad rampages across the Levant, conquering large swathes of non-Muslim land in a short period of time... the Muslims claim 'this is clear proof allah was on Muhammad's side'. Well then what is it when the godless pagan Mongol hordes come and slaughter Muslims by the millions? LOL religious people are so stupid. The idea that 'god', if he exists, would favour one group of people over another, is so absurd, so comical, so ridiculous, it doesn't even really deserve anything other than mocking and outright scorn.

If you don't see a difference in perception between Alexander and Temujin then you're not paying enough attention. Alexander is romanticized in the west, there are countless films, literature and television programs showing a sympathetic multi-layered portrayal of a man driven by desire, love and conquest, they show many sides to him as a complex character. Temujin and the mongols are portrayed as vicious murderous savages who were only succesful due to their sheer savagery, there are many villainous characters such as Fu Manchu and Wrath of Khan that are partially based on Temujin and the Mongols.

In the west Temujin is often compared with Hitler, even though they couldn't be any more different since Temujin was not xenophobic or racist, he was interested in other cultures and religions and allowed religious freedom for those under his rule.

There are some who admire him even in the west since they consider him a badass, obviously in Mongolia he will be revered. But if you ask an average person on the street their thoughts on Alexander and Temujin, you will get 2 totally different responses, one will conjure up glorious romanticized images of Ancient Greece, a great man and conquerer. The other will conjure up images of nothing but death, savagery and evil. That's how indoctrination works, you have no idea the power of media to shape thoughts and perceptions.

well Alexander is from west, of course people from the west or with west culture romanticize their war heroes.

i mean mongol has some great appearance too, for example game of throne.

but if you are in mongol you can see people there are proud of genhis khan as well, they made a statue of him as well.

when we were studying history in high school (not too long ago) most people admire both alexander and genghis khan.

both are badass, fighter.

whatever dude, agree to disagree.

1. its not relevant how big which media is, its not the west fault that mongolia media is not big enough to promote their war heroes.
2. US attack ISIS because they are dangerous and threat to all man, Hitler attack Jews because........... Hitler was terrible human being
3. i am asian too

Because the Western media is so hung up on constantly trying to convince "billions of people" Alexander the Great was a magnificent wonderful man. Oh god stop with your whining will you, it's so fucking pathetic.

You're free to believe what you like. That's one of the great things about the West, although it's changing.

To you anyone disagreeing with you is whining and fucking pathetic. You know whats fucking pathetic? you're ability to counter my argument. Western media doesn't need to be "so hung up", release a few books, movies and documentaries portraying one man as a savage and another man as a hero and job done. The rest takes care of itself through word of mouth, people are very easily indoctrinated, it doesn't take much especially in this case where they have already laid a foundation with yellow peril and deep rooted biases and stereotypes.

This is so comically retarded, I don't really know what you were trying to say... is ISIS Genghis Khan in your funny little analogy?

No I am saying that Hitler killing jews is worse that US killing ISIS. The comparison is made in the west that Hitler=Temujin. You stated that hitlers reasons for killing were just as justified as Genghis reasons for killing, I disagreed and showed you an example that not all killing is equal. Learn to comprehend better.

When I do go out, I'm not in the habit of asking people 'how do you view Genghis Khan & Alexander the Great?'. Is this how you try to chat girls up?

But anyway... you have no proof

The proof is common sense and adequate observational skills, do you have proof for any of your arguments? And as for using that line to chat girls up I have asked similar random questions before and that seemed to work better than the boring same old: what do you do? where do you live? So yes I do use questions like that to chat girls up as long as it is done in a playful manner.

Peace existed after Mongol conquest only because there was no one left to fight - they were virtually all dead, and the ones who remained were so traumatised, they couldn't possibly fight.

Where's YOU"RE proof of that? You 're saying every nation they conquered every single citizen was murdered and those nations were empty wastelands. The mongols gave every nation a chance to surrender, Alexander did not.

You clearly do not understand anything. I am saying that once a nation has surrendered or been defeated would you rather live in a nation with religious freedom or a nation where they behead you for believing in the wrong deity?

Just sounds funny, you talking about tolerance of people of other backgrounds when you've made very intolerant posts in the past. And I doubt this is your only account. There was another pro-Asian poster on here who was outright hateful against anyone non-Asian and your posts are remarkably similar to his.

Whatever, get off you're high horse. 95% of the people here pretend to be choir boys when in fact it's pretty obvious they hold deep rooted prejudices, at least I'm real about it and can observe my own psychology. Yes I am pro-asian and aggressively so, I was forced to be but I am also very critical of my own race.

For work I supervise a team of people all from different backgrounds, on a face to face level I treat everyone the same regardless of race or background. Asians are considered an easy target in the west and people have absolutely no filter and mock them incessantly, alot of asians play the model minority role and just take it and internalize that hatred. I'm not one of them, I take the offensive sometimes and hopefully more asians adopt this attitude in the future, all you libtards and neocons can fuck off.

Anyone interested in this topic, check out the Dan Carlin 'Hardcore History' podcast series on the Mongols. Carlin looks beyond the romanticised view of Khan that has emerged in recent years and goes into great detail regarding the brutality of the Mongols.

Spoiler alert - China got it even worse.

26544779aideh.jpg

Again, I never claimed to be an expert on the subject, I'm just as curious about the topic and seek the truth.

Also this article from the daily mail states that man left africa 130,000 years ago which is off from my original estimate:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2610571/How-man-left-Africa-130-000-years-ago-Humans-arrived-Europe-multiple-waves-earlier-previously-thought-researchers-claim.html

I never implied any type of superiority by Darwin, just that he was fascinated by the topic and conducted studies, and I agree with him that culture is the determining factor in behavioural patterns, up to 60% culture, 40% genetics. The concept of superiority itself is subjective. The only truly superior peoples will be those that are still on this planet in a 1000 years and that may have nothing to do with race.

Hominids has been leaving africa for over a million years, but those hominids didnt really survived or passed their genes to modern humans.

no I wasn't and this article states they left africa 130,000 years ago:

Yes, and then they all died when the modern man with more advanced tools and culture left Africa 60,000 years ago. Hominids keptleaving Africa for over a million years, but that didnt meant shit because when Homo sapiens left Africa it drove them all to exctinction.

OK, I'm willing to give that theory a chance, it sounds reasonable but how about the australian aborigines, I know they live on an island but so does Japan, the closest peoples to the australian aborigines are southeast asian people who look nothing like them. Also where is the gradual shift between subsaharan africans and Semitic people, I would say that is a pretty drastic difference between a morrocan or egyptian in comparison to a ethiopian.

Because australian aboriginals were isolated before south east asians came to south east asia, the closest group to the aboriginals are the native Indians, the Adivasi.

About Egyptians and Horn of Africa people, you couldnt be more wrong, horn of african black people have caucasian skulls.

In general, various DNA studies have found that the gene frequencies of modern Egyptian populations are intermediate between those of the Middle East, the Horn of Africa, southern Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa,[1] though NRY frequency distributions of the modern Egyptian population appear to be much more similar to those of the Middle East than to any Sub-Saharan African or European population, suggesting a much larger Middle Eastern genetic component

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_history_of_Egypt

Egypt also had a loft of back migration.

he clinal theory may be correct but is still doesn't disprove that major genetic differences between different groups on opposite ends of the planet

No, but it disproves the notion that there are a few discreet races and that all human differences can be explained by mixing them.

Also, its not a theory, we can now map the genetic distribution of man, we dont need to go measuring skulls and weighting brains, we can actually look at genetic markers and make a map of human migration and evolution.

Difference is that in Greece it was institutionalized as a rites of passage for young boys. Prostitution serves a niche market, but making it mandatory is on another level.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_Japan#Military_same-sex_love

From religious circles, same-sex love spread to the warrior (samurai) class, where it was customary for a boy in the wakashū age category to undergo training in the martial arts by apprenticing to a more experienced adult man. The man was permitted, if the boy agreed, to take the boy as his lover until he came of age; this relationship, often formalized in a "brotherhood contract",[11] was expected to be exclusive, with both partners swearing to take no other (male) lovers.

This is Spart... JAPAN!!!!!

he sounds as angry and crazy. but for some reason religion of peace people always do.

Then why did he burn the great library of Baghdad?

1.- That wasnt Genghis

2.- They razed people who put up a fight, they didnt targeted the library per se, but the entire city. Just like Dresden

The Mongols were bad-ass. Would have been interesting to see if they had decided to conquer Europe if the European nations could have come together to stop them as they did the Huns.

Just so you're all aware TemujinKhan is some insecure little Asian dude who is pulling this same sort of shit over in the Heavies right now. Basically your average ABC who can only see the entirety of world history through his frustrated little viewpoint, so basically whitey=evil. He then complains about 'racism', dude is hilarious.

Also LOL@Genghis Khan being treated badly by Western propaganda, you insecure little racist dork. The vast majority of Western sources on Genghis Khan are based on Arabic and Chinese sources and seeing as how he razed Baghdad to the ground and slaughtered 30 million Chinese you wonder why they may paint him in a bad light? I wonder...keep blaming it on Whitey all you want though...

Back