Should fighters be fined for excessive show boating and stalling.

they would deduct points if it was excessive, he just does it in the flow of the fight. If Bisping would have stepped back and Silva stayed on the fence, the ref would tell him to fight and he'd have to or lose a point eventually.

LRZwzN5.gif

You were saying?
GOAT rustling.

Should make it specifically for Anderson fights to save him from himself. The guy literally handed Bisping the win for his nonsense.

/.../ By the way, it is good to remind that the judges scored an unanimous decision for Michael Bisping, so you could wonder if Anderson didn't spend so much time clowning around maybe he could have won this fight.

Well. One could argue that if Bisping wouldn't have been so focused on getting his gum shield back, he would have won this fight a lot "easier" and without the controversy.

That shit would have gotten Andy a yellow card for sure in his Pride days! Some movement and defense skills is one thing but what he was on was more clowning than fighting in many perspectives. I don't remember any of this crap he pulled in his Pride fights, he knew it would of cost him some dough.

An occasional Mark Hunt style taunt is fine don't get me wrong. However this shit that Anderson pulls in the octagon is insulting to the fucking sport and the people who watch it. The retarded antics he displays even whe he is winning is disgraceful. Standing there against the gate and weaving dodging which any boxer or someone with good movement can accomplish while throwing 0 offense well it's similiar to grapplers who pull someone down to the canvas and lays on them for a complete round and does nothing. I would give the ref the power to warn then flag them for fucking $ fines from their purse for going overboard on the circus act.

Sometimes it bothers me, but it's definitely not insulting to the sport.

Yeah I liked how Bisping handled Silva's clowning. Didn't get frustrated, just stepped back like wtf?! Quality.

I like the idea of some sort of penalty for excessive clowning though, Anderson is his own worst enemy some times.
Damn right, I'm glad Andy lost. Bisping was pressuring the fight to get some engagement in combat and Silva wanted no part of it, so it seemed he was on the defensive but you would think he learned his lesson from his crap against Weidman.

An occasional Mark Hunt style taunt is fine don't get me wrong. However this shit that Anderson pulls in the octagon is insulting to the fucking sport and the people who watch it. The retarded antics he displays even whe he is winning is disgraceful. Standing there against the gate and weaving dodging which any boxer or someone with good movement can accomplish while throwing 0 offense well it's similiar to grapplers who pull someone down to the canvas and lays on them for a complete round and does nothing. I would give the ref the power to warn then flag them for fucking $ fines from their purse for going overboard on the circus act.

Overreact much?

He isn't just showboating or stalling. That's his technique to get people to make mistakes and counter them.

It's like grapplers who LNP in the sense that it's their path to victory, but at least it's an entertaining way to win as opposed to shitty LNP artists.

It's not poor sportsmanship, so I see no reason why it should be fined. Grow some thick skin. If it's not effective it'll get weeded out by fighters who can KTFO people who do it, like Weidman did.

Damn right, I'm glad Andy lost. Bisping was pressuring the fight to get some engagement in combat and Silva wanted no part of it, so it seemed he was on the defensive but you would think he learned his lesson from his crap against Weidman.

Eh, if anything it's Bisping who was against engagement. Bisping's failure to commit to attacking is the standup equivalent of LNP. All he did was throw shitty jabs and half-assed hooks the entire night. His entire game plan was to win by points in the standup. He fought the smart fight, but he wasn't "pressuring the fight." Silva was the one trying to get Bisping to commit and engage, but Bisping would have no part of it.

Should make it specifically for Anderson fights to save him from himself. The guy literally handed Bisping the win for his nonsense.

What you said is the nonsense.

Bisping won that because his gameplan was effective. And don't believe for a minute that he didn't aim for this. He probably watched the fight of Silva vs. Weidman to figure out why Silva lost. And he implemented the same strategy in whatever way he could.

Notice during the time between rounds his corner keeps reminding him not to hang with Silva against the fence and play his game. They *know* Silva's strategy and they came in their with a gameplan to shut that down. And it worked... mostly.

Silva doesn't do his "nonsense" just for the heck of it. It's part of the countering style he developed and used to reign over the MW division.

Eh, if anything it's Bisping who was against engagement. Bisping's failure to commit to attacking is the standup equivalent of LNP. All he did was throw shitty jabs and half-assed hooks the entire night. His entire game plan was to win by points in the standup. He fought the smart fight, but he wasn't "pressuring the fight." Silva was the one trying to get Bisping to commit and engage, but Bisping would have no part of it.
Bisping fights like that all the time. He keeps busy with volume strikes,and will land hard shots if the opprtunity is created (see the 2nd round of the fight with anderson when he dropped him with a combination)
Silva wanted him to throw something wild and easy for him to see so he can counter,but bisping just popped the jab in his face and anderson was really flummoxed by that. He kinda got a taste of his own medicine in a way.

Back