Should Fedor's nick name be changed to "The First Emperor"?

MikeyLan

Brown Belt
Reaction score
When you think about it, Fedor was the first MMA fighter in a still very small line of fighters who achieved true greatness (the second and third being Anderson and GSP).

Was there anyone before Fedor who achieved true MMA greatness? The way I see it, there were pioneers (e.g. Royce) and stars (e.g. Chuck), but no real legend, no real GREAT, before Fedor.

Discuss.

btw. I don't believe Fedor chose his nick name himself. It was given to him by the Japanese.

In terms of being a marketable attraction, "The Last Emperor" works better. You can't look at things in retrospect. When you are selling Fedor it's like he IS the last emperor, the last of his kind, none others around like him, etc. If they had called him the "first" while he was fighting I would be wondering where all the others are at.

I asked him and here was his response

Fedor_thumbsdown1.gif

I don't think we'll ever see another Russian fighter who is as dominant as him. Remember, it doesn't say what he's the emperor of.

I don't think we'll ever see another Russian fighter who is as dominant as him. Remember, it doesn't say what he's the emperor of.

I dont think we will ever another fighter who is as dominant as him.

No because Lennox Lewis is the first. Fedor should be called the second emperor.

khabib !!!! All khabib has to do is get the 155 belt then take out some dudes 100 pounds more than him and he will be on fedors level , with his battlefro it's very do able

what klitzko did in boxing and what karalin did in wrestling proves to me that the russians are always going to be around in the fight world in one way or another. fedor may never be matched by another russian mma fighter but I imagine another great sambo fighter will emerge in mma eventually if I live long enuff to see it.

Fedor, the GOAT, has the p4p greatest nickname the sport has ever seen. It suits him perfectly.

When you think about it, Fedor was the first MMA fighter in a still very small line of fighters who achieved true greatness (the second and third being Anderson and GSP).

Was there anyone before Fedor who achieved true MMA greatness? The way I see it, there were pioneers (e.g. Royce) and stars (e.g. Chuck), but no real legend, no real GREAT, before Fedor.

Discuss.

btw. I don't believe Fedor chose his nick name himself. It was given to him by the Japanese.

Regardless of whatever you want to call him. He was a simple humble man who worked very diligently and stayed true to his craft.

Until he didn't and lost to a string of fighters he should've beaten.

Of Course, but as a fan of his, those losses don't really bother me, neither should they bother him. then, politics, aggression, pressure, and American culture get in the way. I know Dana butted heads with his management team and Vadim plenty of times, and while he does want success in the U.S he remains loyal to his country of Russia. Its not too hard to tell that his head wasn't all the way in the right place heading into some of those fights. He does his best work in the ring. and he looked really sharp against Pedro Rizzo. Even in defeat, he held his head high and was very gracious.

Agree TS. Fedor was like Julius Caesar.

Fedor said he doesn't even like that nickname in respect to the real last emperor of Russia, Nicholas II. It was the Japanese who started calling him by that nickname.

Back